A dear family friend passed away on Sunday; she and her husband were friends with my parents, and as children, we shared many happy times together. I sat down on this dreary morning to make a couple sympathy cards.
I used Watercolor Trio for both cards. The first one uses a sketch from Stamping 411:
I used my Watercolor Crayons and directly colored the stamp, then spritzed it lightly with water and stamped on to Watercolor Paper. Simple, but very sweet. Here’s the inside:
The next one uses markers for directly coloring on the stamp. This is a case from this card by Mary Fish:
I did not put many embellishments on the card and just let the image and sentiment be the focal points. Finally, here’s a view of what my little Pumpkin has been spending her day doing:
A perfect way to spend a rainy day----I think I might just do the same! Thanks for visiting---remember to come back tomorrow! And thank you so much for all the kind comments you make about my creations—they mean so much to me!
All supplies Stampin’Up! unless otherwise noted.
- First card stamps: Watercolor Trio, Tres Chic, Thoughts & Prayers
- Paper: Confetti White, Watercolor, Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
- Ink: Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Versamark
- Acc: Nesties Labels 4, Spellbinders; Square Lattice EF; Watercolor Crayons, spray bottle,Vanilla HPH; Twill, Taylored Expressions
- Second card stamps: Watercolor Trio, Everyday Blessings, PTI
- Paper: Confetti Cream, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Apricot Appeal, K&Company DP
- Ink: Old Olive, Close to Cocoa
- Acc: CB EF, Corner Rounder, Markers, Daubers