Thursday, May 27, 2010

Neopolitan Challenge

DSCF7981

I am calling this my Neopolitan challenge because these colors remind me of the Neopolitan ice cream my dad always got when we were kids…vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.  The strawberry ALWAYS got left behind….ick, I didn’t like those seed-filled berries in my ice cream!  I do like strawberries ON my ice cream, but I still am not crazy about strawberry ice cream.  That must be the ONLY kind, though! :D

Anyway, this card is for two challenges:

AND it is a 100% case of Jaydee’s cards (that I fell in love with), shown here!

DSCF7979

I am not so happy with the pink DP I used; it doesn’t really match my pink ribbon as well as I would like, but since it was supposed to be a 10-minute card (I won’t tell you exactly how long it took…..but it was a LITTLE longer than 10 minutes) I didn’t want to fuss with it any more!  You MAY just see something similar to this again soon, as I was playing around with these colors for another card challenge…so stay tuned!

Thanks so much for visiting today---I am blessed by it! ♥

  • Stamps:  Best Wishes & More, Short & Sweet
  • Paper:  Confetti White, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Thoroughly Modern, Kaleidoscope DP
  • Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede
  • Acc:  Corduroy Button, Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 3/8” Circle Punch, Dimensionals, DD Glitter, Linen Thread

17 comments:

Carol L said...

I thought I was the only one who feels exactly like you do about strawberry ice cream! Too funny! :) I'll take vanilla and chocolate too:)
Your card is sweet done up in those colors! I love the offset design and the corduroy button accent!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

YHE I am so glad you played along with us
I have missed you and you do such a wonderful job!
super duper sweet and the coduroy button is perfect
thank you

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Sooo Cute!! It does look like Neopolitan hehe and you are not alone, the strawberry was always left at our house to, well until my dad would eat it :)
Hugs~Stacy

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Too funny, LeAnne!! My Dad always bought Breyers Neopolitan Ice Cream......and the strawberry was always left until the bitter end!! heehee!

Love the card ....love the colors....and that sweet pink button!!

Lesley said...

Such a pretty card LeAnne! I know what you mean about strawberry ice cream! LOL! Thanks for playing with my colours this week and for joining us at the Stamp-A-Holics 10minute challenge!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Michele Gross said...

LOL it does remind me of Neopolitan Ice cream so you won't mind when I say this card is yummy!! I love the colors and the design is really pretty.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, love this totally! The colors just great together!
I worked at Swenson's Ice Cream many years ago, the truth is, you cannot imagine how many customer asked to leave out the strawberry ice cream in their banana split! So you are not alone! LOL!
Thanks for joining us here at CCCB, glad to see your creation here once again!

Bev J. said...

I must be the odd duck out as I actually like strawberry ice cream (or any other kind) Grin. I agree with the others-I like your pretty pink card. tfs

Sabriena Satchwell said...

I LOVE the layout and design of this card! :-) As always your work amazes me.

Corie said...

WOW this is fabulous -- LOVE IT!!

1CardCreator said...

Great card LeAnne, I love those colors together. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Paula Fuller said...

Love your card. you have done a wonderful job with it. I love the way you pushed your focus to one side.

Kathy Martin said...

Perfectly darling card! Love that corduroy button! :)

june lanum said...

very pretty you sure are quick, Thanks for joining us as the CCCB

Unknown said...

I'm lov'n it.. I can't believe you can do a card in 10 min.. I get that magazing "take ten" and It takes me more than 10 min to decide on paper or a stamp.. I guess I over think it..Your card looks great!

I must admit I not a big fan of strawberry either, I'm a big Rocky Road fan!

Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is sooo fabulous! love, love, LOVE this design!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is DARLING, LeAnne! LOVE the CAS layout!