Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Color Throwdown 7

Color Throwdown 7 Banner

Wow!  It's my turn again to do this week's Color Throwdown!  Believe it or not, the colors I chose this week were the colors of the bridesmaid's dresses in my first wedding.  A loooooooooong time ago. Long, long, long time ago.  Who even remembers?  They were qiana fabric (anyone even KNOW what that is?) and they had hooded capes.  Oh my goodness, what was I thinking?  Anyway, my color choices are Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal.  Who would think that 33 years later I am still turning to these colors!

Color Throwdown 7-e

This was a fun card to make....I have been using all SU products lately, so I turned to some non-SU stuff.  It is a large card, 5 1/2" square.  (Also, hard to photo this color.)   The DP is from a gigantic pad I picked up at AC Moore years ago; card base is Ballet Blue, layers are Apricot Appeal embossed with Swiss Dots, and Bashful Blue.  All images are from Inque Boutique's Stitch Fun; the sentiment is stamped in SU's new Tangerine Tango.  All the embellishments are RAK's except for the button in the middle, which makes this card even more fun for me!  The ribbon is from Denise ( The Paper Landscaper) and the apricot button & orange jumbo eyelets are from some blog candy I won from Dawn (Dawn's Special Creations).  I wish I had put the button on the left down a little further, but I actually SEWED it on, so no moving that baby!  Hope you enjoy this, and check out what the other Throwdown girls have come up with this week:

Card details:

  • Stamps:  Inque Boutique Stitch Fun
  • Paper:  Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, WW
  • Ink:  Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Tangerine Tango
  • Acc:  Crop-a-Dile, Jumbo Eyelets, Button, Striped Grosgrain, Dimensionals, Swiss Dots EF, Nesties, needle & thread

16 comments:

Broni said...

That's really cool how you came up with the colors! I can't even remember 33 years ago! Anyway, your card is just beautiful! So soft and sweet!

Tina said...

Your card is adorable. I am pumped about these colors ~ can't wait to get home to give it a go!

Cathy Rulli said...

wow - great job with the challenge!! love it!

Barbara said...

I love it!! I still remember my colors from 39 years ago, LOL! Can't wait to get a chance to play with this combination!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful color combo, LeAnne! Why not turn to it again and again? I love your card and all the different patterns and textures! Awesome job!

Penny said...

This is so pretty and an unusual colour combination - you don't see much apricot and peach around now do you? But it's so lovely!

Thank-you so much for visiting my blog too and your comment, it is much appreciated :)

Haylie said...

Awesome card! I love the layout! I think these colors are great...I can't wait to play!

Kisa Peters said...

I love the colors you came up with! I am really enjoying our Throwdown! I'm such a color shy person and I'm really enjoying the challenges! Love your card - the apricot and blues are beautiful! GReat card - great color choices!

Lisa Kind said...

Cool card! Love the color combo this week...I'm thinking baby card for some reason!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great card, the colors are so bright and cheery. I'll need to see if I have some of the paper to play along!!

mueppi said...

What an awesome card!!! Great use of the colors!

You have been tagged!
Hugs Gisela

itsallrosi said...

a pretty color combo and fabulous card!

Tess said...

I like the colors. Pretty card. Just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you with a few awards. So please hop on over to my blog and collect them.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

This card gives me a craving for apricots, yum! :-)

Tess said...

Hi LeAnne, Just wanted to let you know that I have posted a link on my blog on how to get to the calendars that I used on my bookmarks. I would have just emailed you but did not see an email address. I hope you get this.
Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, Great color combo. You can use it for cards for everyone!
I'm going to use Life's A Breeze stamp set for my card. GREAT JOB!