Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dirty Girl Challenges

If you're a member of the Fan Club on SCS, you have access to lots of neat galleries.  One of the them is the Dirty Girls!  I am not sure why they are called that--hopefully because they get so down & dirty while they are stamping.  BTW, Taken with Teal does not come out completely from a pair of tan shorts.....ask me how I know!  Anyway, this week, SCS is having a bunch of challenges thrown down by the Dirty Girls, and we can participate.  I combined three:

  • Clean, Simple White card by Julie
  • Vellum by Laurie
  • Ribbon by Jody

You can see all the challenges here.  (You may not be able to link this unless you are a Fan Club member.  You can find out about that here.)  So here is my card:

07-23-08 challenge dirty girl 2

It is a challenge just to photograph the vellum!! (Can you believe my background is a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock!?)   But it is quite pretty IRL!  The card is WW; I used the lighter weight vellum that SU sells and stamped on the reverse with Boho Backgrounds in Craft White.  You MUST make sure it is all the way dry--I used my heat tool.  The ribbon from Michael's was what drove the other colors--the heart from Always was stamped on the white card base in Mellow Moss; the sentiment from Essential Sentiments (MFT) was stamped on top of the vellum in Always Artichoke.  I didn't have any ink that really matched this ribbon--it is a very pretty, but odd color!  The edges of the vellum were scalloped with the new SU punch; the top of the vellum is adhered under the ribbon.  Here are a couple closer views:

07-23-08 challenge closeup 2 07-23-08 challenge close up






Thanks for visiting!  Remember, tomorrow is the Color Throwdown Challenge, and Broni is our hostess!  You can click on the link on the sidebar for more information!


  1. Gorgeous! I love the stamping on the vellum. So classy and elegant!

    ...and yes, the Dirty Dozen (or dirty girls) are called that because of the inky fingers. :)

  2. Wow LeAnne! This is absolutely gorgeous! It is so elegant! Love the ribbon! :D

  3. This is just gorgeous LeAnne! I LOVE the simplicity and elegance of it! You did such a fantastic job! :D

  4. Wow LeAnne, this is absolutely stunning. I love the vellum overlay and the scalloped edge. Gorgeous ribbon.

  5. Wow Leanne! This is beautiful! Very Elegant!
    I have to ask (I know this is a silly question, but...) When you use your heat gun to speed up drying...how do you get your velum to NOT ripple? I have this problem everytime and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

  6. Wow - you hit 3 challenges beautifully with this card! love the vellum overlay - very pretty!

  7. I love the craft white on the vellum----I was just thinking of doing that the other day...now I MUST try it! The final product is just beautiful~

  8. Beautiful, LeAnne! So simple but incredibly elegant!

  9. Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly)July 26, 2008 at 3:42 PM

    Oh this is so pretty! I love the scallops on the bottom of the vellum ! Beautifully done!!


Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!