Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sharon's Scallop Challenge


This sweet little card is a challenge for Sharon's Scallop Challenge. We had to make a card using some sort of scalloped edge. I made my scallop with my corner rounder. I took off the guard and held the punch against the edge of my DP. I started in the center and made the first punch, continuing on to the right, because I am right-handed. Then I flipped my paper over and continued from the center punch, again working to the right. It makes a nice wide scallop; I could have used scalloped scissors, but I liked the effect of the punch. I got some really cute ribbon at Michael's yesterday while visiting my dad in Rehoboth....I couldn't wait to use it with the Flowers For You DP from SU! The colors are so nice & springy! With these gray skies, I needed something cheerful today! I stamped the sentiment right on the ribbon with Stazon ink. The Dazzling Diamonds glitter really made the little flower stand out, too!
Stamps: Time Well Spent, Short & Sweet
Paper: Flowers for You DP, Regal Rose
Ink: Black Stazon, Tempt Turquoise
Acc: Non-SU ribbon, Cert Celery marker, Aquapainter, DD Glitter, Corner Rounder Punch

3 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

WOW!!! You did get a lot of nice ribbon -- jealous!!!! Love this card -- it is so very spring and light hearted -- fun card -- and it's COLD here today!!! So glad you played -- thanks so much!!!

Anonymous said...

i just love what you did here. your colors are so pretty !!!!
great design and scallops.
tfs.

JenMarie said...

OMGosh ~ LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!