Wednesday, March 4, 2020

The Card Concept Challenge #130 Irish Coffee


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It's time for a new Card Concept challenge and Julie has chosen a fun "Irish Coffee" theme for us! I have to admit that as much as I love coffee, I've never had Irish coffee!  Hmmm...maybe I should remedy that, LOL!


I don't usually send out St Patrick's Day cards, but I do have a couple of friends whose birthdays are on the 17th, so I had them in mind when making this card:


First, I was inspired by all the colors of green in the photo; I used some miscellaneous DSP that was gifted to me for the background, and the horizontal panel is some retired Call Me Clover DSP from last year.  I stamped the plaid circle from Kind and Cozy also in Call Me Clover, and the coffee cup in Pear Pizzazz, the hearts in Call Me Clover and Mint Macaron.  


I fussy-cut a saying from Banner Blessings to layer it on top, and added a pearl, a Call Me Clover bow and a little Pear Pizzazz ribbon banner.  All the layers and embellishments add up to a "Clean and Layered" card for the Card Concept challenge this week!  I hope you'll play along with our challenge too!  I will say that these challenges have made me realize I make the same style of card every time----I really need to try to change it up, LOL!  And since I seem to use the same style most of the time, I thought I would enter this in a new challenge called The Spot!  The first week is Designer's Choice!

Getting to Know You - Designer Choice Challenge #100



SO.....I hope you will check out what the design team has created at The Card Concept blog!  You'll be inspired!  Thanks for popping in today!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Kind and Cozy, Banner Blessings (both retired)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Call Me Clover DSP (ret), Misc DSP from my stash
 Ink Memento Black, Pear Pizzazz, Mint Macaron, Call Me Clover
Accessories Call Me Clover Narrow Ribbon, Pear Pizzazz Ribbon (both ret), Dimensionals, Pearls
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stitched Circle Dies (Lil'Inker)

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness, LeAnne! You've aced this card! All the shades of green are so lovely - as are the fabulous DSPs you've used! Lucky - that's what we all are who gets to see it!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the mix of patterns you've put together here Leanne! This is just lovely!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving all the greens! Cute!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne! Love the colors and that little coffee cup and those hearts tucked into the sentiment circle are perfect! I still have that adorable sentiment stamp set created by Holly! It continues to be one of my favorites! Thanks so much for joining us at The Spot for our first card challenge! Blessings, Tina

Liz Yuille - Old Stables Crafts said...

What a fun card. I am a coffee snob, so anything coffee related is good by me. Thank you for being our very first entry in The Spot Challenge. Lx

Lisa Mackey, Chase And Main said...

Great card and super versatile!! Also; thank you for playing along with The Spot!! Lisa Mackey, design team member; The Spot

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I LOVE this!!! Great mix of colors & papers along with an amazing sentiment! Well done on the challenge, LeAnne! :)

Lindalou said...

Love the card and SUCH beautiful children! Bless you all!

Sara Levin said...

With all those greens, your card is certainly seasonal. But that sentiment makes it perfect for all year long. So cute!!

Jenn Picard said...

Oh LeAnne, this card is fabulous! Love the design and monochromatic tones. So happy you joined us in our first challenge at The Spot.

Colleen Dietrich said...

**LOVE my card**!! Thank you so, so much, LeAnne! I will have this on display every St. Patrick's Day season. It sat in my china cabinet with other special handmade green cards for my birthday, and just got them packed up today to bring out next year. Thank you for such a treasure, and for your friendship. xo