Friday, March 13, 2020

AYSI 221 Favorite Cards


Happy Friday, peeps!  Yay!  The weekend is upon us!  It's time for another As You See It challenge, this one is a Fill In The Blank, and that's an easy one for me!  My favorites are Christmas cards!

No photo description available.

I went looking through some older 6x6 pads of Christmas papers and found this pretty one, and I went to work:


There is hardly any stamping on the outside of this card!! I actually cut and pieced the patterned paper to bring the "Christmas" down closer to the poinsettias, so I covered the seam with some velveteen ribbon, a strip of red glimmer paper and a pretty Mossy Meadow stitched scallop border:


I also cut a sentiment from the glimmer paper and adhered it, then added some red rhinestones (colored with Blends) and a pretty little Old Olive Linen Thread bow.  It all went on a card base of Mossy Meadow.  Fairly easy to create, but the gorgeous papers really do all the work!  And since the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week is Christmas, I am entering there as well!

What is your favorite card to mail out?  Birthday?  Thinking of You?  Or Christmas like me?  Please hop over to the As You See It blog and see what the DT's favorites are, and share yours as well!

Thanks for popping in today...enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Handmade Essentials (Scrapbook.com)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Red Glimmer Paper (ret), Deck the Halls DSP (Melissa Frances)
 Ink Smoky Slate
Accessories Rhinestones, Old Olive Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Velveteen Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big SHot, Merry Christmas Dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders Dies, Cherry Cobbler Blend

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you do Christmas so beautifully! I can understand why these are your favorites to mail!
Gosh these papers are gorgeous!
=]

Carol L said...

I love how you pieced the dsp to display the word Christmas right where it needed to be! With just the right amount of glitter and velvet, this is one gorgeous Christmas card - beautifully crafted and designed! I would probably say birthday cards are my favorite to make and send but it's probably a toss-up with Christmas as I send a lot of those as well :)

Jan Clothier said...

Beautiful! You do Christmas cards so perfectly. Piecing the paper to get it just where you wanted it is such a clever idea.

Lisa Elton said...

The velvet ribbon, glittery strip, lovely scallops and that wonderful PP all add up to FABulous!

Vicky Hayes said...

I think the key to happy sending of Christmas cards is to make them in advance and send them early before all the other tasks of the festive season crowd the 'to do' list! Your Christmas card is beautiful with its traditional colours, velvet and sparkle. Love the papers too - and how clever to reposition the word Christmas! Vicky x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Clever positioning of your papers LeAnne and I love the touch of sparkle! I agree with Vicky - the key to Christmas card making is to do it throughout the year; I love that you keep sharing as it reminds me to keep going with mine too.

Nance said...

Love your vintage layered Christmas card! So beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week at Krafty Chicks!