Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Home to Roost


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  No challenges today, just thought I would share some samples I made for my workshop last Saturday.  I mostly do clubs, so I haven't had a workshop in a long, long, LONG time, I felt a bit rusty!  But we had lots of fun!  I wanted to show the versatility of the SAB set, Home to Roost.  Here is a stepped-up version with water-coloring on watercolor paper as well as background stamping and using the new Rectangle Stitched dies:


Really, Mr Rooster is a breeze to color...just slap on some reds, yellows and greens with an aquapainter, and you're good to go, LOL!



And for a simpler version, I stamped him in Blueberry Bushel on Sahara Sand, then added some of the grasses on the Blueberry Bushel card base.  I did add a little interest by embossing a design from the Stitched Labels dies and added a gingham ribbon to complete the "country" look!


Thanks for popping in today!

Last fall the Paper Players had a challenge to make Lunchbox Love Notes; you can see my post here.  Imagine  my surprise when Dana sent me a text while she was on her lunch break one day last week:


I had given them to Dana to put in Cassidy's lunch, and Cassidy decided to put one in her mom's lunch!  So cute!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



7 comments:

LynnsLocker said...

LOVE Mr. Rooster!!! So colorful and pretty!
And, Awwwww! The lunch box note is so adorable! How sweet!!!
Thanks for the much needed smile you brought to me today!
Blessings right back to ya'!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh LeAnne... he's a mighty handsome cockle-doodle-do-er!!!
=]

Brent Scheffer said...

Great rooster and lots of layers. The animal footprint Crumb Cake BG is an interesting touch!

Tracy Grauer said...

Love your rooster cards! Cute and cute! And how sweet...the lunchbox note!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both terrific country cards! How sweet is Cassidy!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that rooster is mighty handsome!

lisa808 said...

Love your water colored rooster. I may be casing him.

Cassidy is a sweetie.