Sunday, January 13, 2019

PP424 Fable Friends

Hello, all!  It's been another crazy week...another family funeral, out-of-town family hanging out at our home, and my hostess appreciation party today!  Yikes!  So this will be short and sweet...we have another  Paper Players challenge, this one is from our wonderful hostess, Anne Marie!  So here we go:


Oooh, I love these pastels, a perfect palette for the new Fable Friends set that is featured in the Occasions mini catalog along with some other new goodies!  First, the card:


This little mama duck and her little ducklings are adorable, don't you think?  I colored them in fairly quickly with some SU Blends, and I almost missed that Anne Marie said we could add another color of our choice, so I chose to stamp the grass in Granny Apple Green!  Check out mama's stylish cape, created with some Grapefruit Grove Gingham Gala DSP (say that five times fast!!!):


I also used lots of new goodies....Rectangle Stitched Framelits, some Gingham Gala sequins, and see that little stitched scalloped horizontal piece going across the center of the gingham below....that's cut with the Be Mine Stitched Framelits!  This is an amazing set of dies....you can create tons of beautiful cutouts with this one!


And you can see where I layered two scalloped squares together from the Layering Squares Framelits behind my stitched rectangle to create a mat for my rectangular panel!  Just another way to stretch the use of your dies!  And since there is a lot of "stitching" on my card, I'm submitting this to the Festive Friday challenge for this week:

#FestiveFridayChallenge, #FF0025, Stampin Up, Belly Laugh Day, Stitched card, handmade card

I hope you'll play along with this delightful spring palette....we're in a cold snap with a wee bit of snow, so it is nice to see some pastel shades!  Share your creation with us at the Paper Players blog...can't wait to see it!  Meanwhile, check out what the DT created:

·        Ann
·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Anne Marie
·        Sandy
·        Su
·        Wanda


 Playing some games with Grampy on the tablet!!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Fable Friends
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Grapefruit Grove, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Gingham Gala DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Granny Apple Green
Accessories Gingham Gala Sequins, Dimensionals
Tools     Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Be Mine Stitched Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, SU Blends

19 comments:

Vickie said...

Spectacular LeAnne....love this card. Well done.

Wendy said...

So sweet, LeAnne! Love the colors of this challenge and even more so, your adorable Easter card! Love mama duck and her babies and the paper piecing you did! Great job! Happy Sunday! :)

Michelle said...

Such a cute card, brought a big smile to my face!
Lovely

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne your mama duck couldn't be more stylish in her cape, and the rain hat!!! She's a model mama for those darling ducklings!!! LOve the colors, and papers... just about the cutest thing I've seen... xx
=]

McStamper said...

OMGosh. One of the most adorable cards I have ever seen. Always enjoy your blog and your family pictures. Thanks for your fabulous ideas.

laurie said...

Adorable! I love the mama duck and her crew...such a cute card LeAnne. Great use of the challenge colors too!

Frenchie said...

Oooooh, l love that card , that is soooooo, cute
And Cassady, and grandpa it’s priceless ♥️♥️♥️♥️
Tfs hugs Frenchie ♥️

lisa808 said...

Cute card and great coloring. I love the 'Eastery' gingham paper (and matching SAB ribbon!).

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, this is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I love that Mama Duck in herstylish cape and rainhat! Her little chicks are precious, too! The scalloped border is beatuiful to show off your sentiment! I love this card! I hope you have a great week! Stay warm! I bet you have a lot of snow! Love seeing Cassidy spending special time with her Grampy! Precious moments! XXX

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this! Mama duck looks lovely in her gingham cape and her ducklings are adorable. This is such a sweet card!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, LeAnne! The paper pieced gingham cape is a wonderful detail. Such a perfect use of the challenge colors! AND I LOVE all the stitching. Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday!

Kim S said...

I just ordered the paper and the rectangles. I didn't put the sequins in but your card is making me regret that!! LOVE your gingham-caped Mama Duck!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love, love, LOVE this!! It totally sells this set - those ducklings are SO cute in these colours and I adore the gingham paper piecing. This card is awesome Leanne!!

Jan Clothier said...

That's a very sweet Easter card. Wouldn't that set, with mama and her babies, make a great baby card. I always think of Jemima Puddleduck when I see that set. Paper piecing is a technique I often forget about but it looks so good!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh you are really making me want this set with this card! Absolutely adorable and wonderful coloring!

Jaydee said...

Seriously, LeAnne, this card makes me happy. Your duck is beautifully decked out in her gingham raincoat. Adorable images and fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh. My. Goodness! This set was just added to my wish list. I absolutely love all of the adorable elements you featured on your card. That paper pieced cape on mama duck! Absolutely adorable! Thanks for rocking my colors this week, my friend…and enabling me to shop once again. Haha! Hugs!

2dogs2luv said...

too cute for words!! LUV everything you've done with this card

Beth McCullough said...

LeAnne, I didn't buy this set, but now I want it! Love this card! You are my pick this week for Festive Friday! Congrats! Thanks for joining us again!