Sunday, August 31, 2014

Paper Players 211

DSCF4867

Happy Sunday, peeps!  I am back from my bloggy vacation; I was not really planning to participate in today’s challenge, but I had enough time to squeak in some stamping yesterday, so here I am!  Nance is our lovely hostess this week with a fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge!  Here you go!

When I saw this inspiration photo at the As You See It challenge this week, I thought it would be perfect for the left-hand column….birthday, yellow and patterned paper!  I forgot about the “speed stamping” part of the challenge, though!

AYSIChallenge051

I would say that once I thought through my elements, my card probably took me about 15 minutes!!! 

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 211 Flower Shop Stampin Up!

My DP is from the Park Lane series; floral image is from Flower Patch, and I added some embossing on the smaller panel with the Fancy Fan EF.  I had a piece of burlap cut for another project and had a piece left over, so I used it as sort of an organic element, pulling a string out to use it behind my flower as well:

DSCF4868

I stamped the floral image in Basic Gray and used So Saffron and Hello Honey inks and an aquapainter to loosely color it.  I added a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the center as well.  Since I stamped two florals,  I used the second one on the inside.  Both sentiments, stamped in Baked Brown Sugar, are from And Many More.

DSCF4869

And my layout is from the Freshly Made Sketches sketch from this week:

I hope you’ll play along with our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge….there are so many fun ways to play, I am sure you’ll find one that tickles your fancy!  Check them all out at the Paper Players blog to see the beauties our design team came up with, too!

Since we were away for a couple of days, I didn’t get to see Cassidy, but I did have a couple pictures from before we left!  Here she is with the lid of a big basket that my grandmother used to use for her sewing supplies; here, Cassidy is using it as a hat:

DSCF4699

and as a tray for her wooden “cookies”!  Mmmmmm!

DSCF4710

Enjoy your day!

29 comments:

Andrea W said...

Yellow is so cheerful and I love how you used the Freshly Made Sketches layout. The piece of burlap ribbon is really a nice touch. Very pretty!

Judith said...

Great card. The burlap is such a great addition.

Claire Broadwater said...

Welcome Home, LeAnne! Beautiful card! I love the cheery yellow and the burlap is the perfect element to make that gorgeous flower pop! XX

Nancy said...

Such a cheerful card, love the DSP and the way you pulled a string from the burlap to accent your flower,
love the stamp set!
I see Cassidy has a great imagination using the basket lid for more than one project, creativity abounds!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful and cheerful. Love all the pretty flowers.

stampwithsandy said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne. I don't use yellows nearly enough. The inspiration photo is great and I saw the sketch right away, too. But speed stamping??? A card in 10 minutes or less??? I don't think I've ever done that in my life! So fess up, did you make this card in 10 minutes?

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY card LeAnne!! I like the buttery shades of yellow you used and all of the textured layers!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!

Unknown said...

Another AWESOME card! I love all the elements - I learn something and am inspired by every post!

Angela said...

LeAnne, i'm blown away by your golden beauty!

Linda Callahan said...

Love all of that yellow! Beautiful card - and the touch of bulap is perfect! Glad you had a good vacation - I need a week to rest up from mine!

Mrs. O said...

Lovely card! Wonderful and interesting layers that blend so well. Always like to see your creations!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Welcome back....I'm so glad you had time to participate in this challenge because this card is gorgeous and it would have been a shame for us not to get to see it.
The yellows and the patterned paper are so beautiful. I love the touch of burlap and twine. What a beautiful card.
I'll bet Cassidy has missed you.

Yapha Mason said...

Great card! I love how you used the burlap in two different ways. Super cute.

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous! Love the touches of burlap and linen thread with these colors.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this bright and cheery card LeAnne - yellow is one of my favourite colours. The burlap and threads add a nice touch too. Hope you enjoyed your holiday - welcome back! x

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Love this, LeAnne. That paper has been a challenge for me. I will have to CASE this one if you don't mind. B

Jen Brum said...

Oh LeAnne! This card is beautiful! Love the colours and that flower! The burlap adds such great texture! Hope you had a great vacation! Thanks for joining this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

barb mann said...

LeAnne - Love this floral card. It has such an end of summer into fall look about it. Very Pretty! Nice idea - the ribbon threads behind the flower.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love all of the texture that is going on...as well as the gorgeous flower center! Welcome back!

Heather Cooper said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! So many great layers and textures! Thanks for playing with us at As You See It Challenges this week. Next time we do it, you'll have to try the speed stamping! There's nothing like adrenaline pumping through your body when trying to make artistic decisions!

Mike said...

LeAnne this is beautiful! I love the layers of twine and burlap ribbon you used! You have an amazing eye for composition!

Amy Jasper said...

Beautiful layering and detail. Thank you for playing along with the As You See It Challenge this week!

laurie said...

I really like the texture on your card, and the center of the flower. Fun details!

More cute pics,too...she is a doll!

dj said...

Glad to see your comments about forgetting about the speed part of the challenge because I was wondering how in the world you created such a great card so quickly...I was gonna need to come take lessons from you!! Fantastic card...love love love it!!

Bonnie said...

Love all this yellow, LeAnne! And Cassidy's hat is very chic!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! I think my favourite element is the texture - the embossing, the burlap, the linen thread - it just WORKS! Thanks so much for playing along with the As You See It Challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

I am delighted you were able to make a card for this week's challenge and such a beauty it is! I love the way you've coordinated the focal flower with the dsp and the rustic elements of burlap and linen thread make my heart sing! Love it!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love this gorgeous yellow confection! The mixture of the texture with the smooth on the different layers is so effective. Fabulous! Oh... and the photo of Cassidy with her "hat". Awesome!
I do hope she is feeling much better today
Hugs
Jaydee