Sunday, December 8, 2013

Paper Players 175


Happy Sunday!  Another Paper Players challenge is upon us, this time the lovely Anne Marie is our hostess with a sweet color challenge:

I wondered how I could incorporate these colors into a Christmas card, as I need a couple more, but I am thinking that John would be the only true recipient of this card, LOL:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 175 Lawn Fawn Owl Christmas Stampin

My friend Martha gave me this sweet little stamp – isn’t it cute?  I watercolored him in and paper-pieced his scarf.  I found some great Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses DP and used the Deconstructed Sketch #129 for my layout:

Deconstructed Sketch No. 129

So what can you do with these colors?  I hope you’ll play along with us at the Paper Players this week and share it with us!  And check out what the other Players have created:

We were making cookies last week, and I tried to show Cassidy how to use my sifter:


She couldn’t quite master holding it AND cranking it, but she loved playing in the flour that was left (note the flour on her nose!):


She was making “waves” with it!


It ended up being a wee bit messy:


So I transferred it all to a cookie sheet.  She had a blast!  We did have to have a bit of a clean-up afterwards, LOL!



  1. Oh, this is such a sweet card, LeAnne! I adore that cute little owl and his matching sentiment, and that snippet of ribbon and heart shaped rhinestone are the perfect finishing touch.

  2. Hi Ms LeeAnn , what fun ..... She's so cute. Just love that apron on her , I could tell you both had lots of fun !!!
    And you card is just darling
    Hugs frenchie to both of you ,

  3. What a patient Grandma! ...helps to have a sense of humor, too.

  4. This is the sweetest card--so perfect for these colors. Love that owlie with her pink scarf and your DPs are tailor-made for this challenge! I'm sure DH will LOVE it!

  5. He's a cute little fella!! And what a great sentiment too. Isn't it amazing that kids have the most fun with things that aren't a toy!

  6. What an adorable card, LeAnne! The sentiment is too cute! And what fun Cassidy had with the flour! You are the best grandma!

  7. Love the cute kitty/mitten image LeAnne. Such a sweet card.

  8. Such a cute Christmas card, LeAnne! The little patterned scarf is a fun touch. You really rocked my colors this week, my friend! Cassidy sure looks like she had a great time baking, too. Adorable! :)


Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!