Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paper Players 73

DSCF9583

Happy Sunday, everyone!  It’s another Paper Players challenge with Jaydee as our hostess.  This week she has chosen a clean and simple color challenge:

Sometimes I miss that “clean and simple” part, but this week, I got it!  I pulled out a Christmas set I hadn’t used in a while, Come to Bethlehem:

PP73-LeAnne

I stamped the image with Night of Navy, added satin ribbon and some rhinestones, then mounted it on a piece of silver Shimmer Paper—ooh, that stuff is wonderful!  I made a little star with some scraps of it as well:

DSCF9583-1

It is pricey, though, so here’s a little tip (probably most of you know how do to this already), but you can cut out a frame if you have an Exacto knife or a cutter that has an channel blade.  Position your paper so that the right side is on the 1/2” mark on the right side of the channel (or further, if your mat needs to be larger):

DSCF9578 Bring your cutting blade down from the top 1/2” and begin cutting, stopping 1/2” from the bottom of your mat. 

DSCF9580

Turn your mat and do the same thing on the other three sides, starting and stopping 1/2” from the edge.  You’ll have a nice little frame that your stamped image will sit on, and another little piece of cardstock to use for another project:

DSCF9581

Here’s the inside of the card, using the sentiment from the same set:

DSCF9585

I hope you find some time to play along with this clean and simple color challenge; you can see what the other designers came up with on the Paper Players blog and directions for playing along! 

How do kids know instinctively that a pile of leaves is something to play in???

 DSCF9516 DSCF9521 DSCF9522 DSCF9527DSCF9528

She was pretty pleased with herself for “helping” Grammy put the leaves in the wheelbarrow!  Thanks for visiting today!

17 comments:

Bev J. said...

Beautiful card and really like the star you crafted. Thanks for the mat cutting tip.

A extra pair of hands is always welcome-cute pics. Hope you are feeling better.

Rita W said...

So pretty! I love the tip about saving some of that paper for another project! I always mean to do that with even just normal card stock, but forget!

marie said...

Lovely card. Thank you for the tips!
Marie

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Leanne. Love the silhouette image and the silver star. Just perfect. She is a cutie! Looks like she had a lot of fun with those leaves. :o)

Linda Callahan said...

These colors make stunning CAS cards and yours is just that! The sparkle just adds the extra wow factor! And I just had a "duh" moment......how smart you are to use that paper cutter to cut out the center of the paper! I have a few cards I need to pull apart and do just that!

Jen W. said...

Your star is absolutely fabulous! Such a gorgeous card! And your leaf helper is adorable. :)

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

beautiful card !! You have such an adorable helper :) and it's even cuter when they have fun when helping.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! The star is the perfect touch! Thank you for the wonderful challenge this week. And I remembered to keep it simple!

Linda said...

Beautiful card and I love the tip. I have the red glitter paper. This silver is beautiful.
Love the little helper. You take the best pictures of Cassidy

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning LeAnne! I just love your card. Gorgeous star, image and attention to detail. Thanks' for the tip.

jaydee said...

LeAnne, clean and simple and simply stunning. I love all the white space. The star is gorgeous. Beautifully composed. Great tip about the framing, too!
As for those pics of Cassidy...... LOVE THEM!
hugs
jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

Simply stunning LeAnne! The star you created from scraps is amazing and adds so much detail to your card. Love the tip on making a mat too! I [almost] forgot about the card after seeing those sweet pix of Cassidy! Oh, the joy of leaves!

Erika Clark said...

This card is just beautiful! I love everything about it, and the star is the perfect "crowning touch". Ps...your daughter is precious.

Tara Bilbao said...

LeAnne, This is just stunning! I love the star and can't believe you didn't use a die, it looks so perfect. Thanks for the great tip on saving paper for the glimmer paper. I may have to do this for all my mats. Fantastic CAS card.

Debbie Henderson said...

Very well done LeAnne! Love the star you handmade and I would have done the same to save some of that Glimmer Paper!

LeroyLime said...

LeAnne, am in LOVE with your perfect scrap star, WOW! Adds such a wonderful treat to a simple but stunning Christmas card. I whipped out my Bethlehem stamp set and gave it a go this week too. Loved working with the stunning colors!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnn, this is simply stunning! That star is gorgeous and I love the tips for sparing the Glimmer Paper. I have to admit that I do that, too. You never want to waste the sparkle! Love the photos of Cassidy in the leaves. Looks like you had a great "helper"! :)