Sunday, November 13, 2011

Paper Players 72 & FMS10

DSCF9460

Happy Sunday to everyone! It’s my turn to host over at the Paper Players and I’ve got a color challenge for you:

Aren’t these pretty together? Of course I had to make a Christmas card with them, but I think it would be fun to see if you could make something other than a holiday-themed card! But they sang “Christmas” to me, so that’s what I went with! So here we go:

PP72-LeAnne

I used images from Winter Post and stamped them simply in Always Artichoke and River Rock. The Riding Hood Red panel was embossed with Petals A-Plenty, and all my cardstock pieces were sponged with their corresponding ink colors. I did some real tricky masking for my sentiment in order to make it fit the front panel! I added the dots so I could continue the sentiment on the inside:

DSCF9462

I even added some glimmery snowfall to my skaters:

DSCF9460-1

And lest I forget, my card uses the Freshly Made Sketches sketch #10 for this week from the talented Rita Wright!

FMS10

I hope you’ll participate with my color challenge this week at the Paper Players! We LOVE seeing what you come up with---skate on over there to see what the other designers did with these colors, too! You just might have your card chosen as a Cut Above or even the Headliner!

Wee Details:

  • Stamps: Winter Post, Season’s Greetings (ret)
  • Paper: River Rock, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Always Artichoke Patterns DP
  • Ink: River Rock, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke
  • Acc: Petals A-Plenty EF, Designer Frames EF, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Glimmer Brad, Jelly Roll Pen, Sponges & Daubers, Large Oval Punch, Stamp-a-ma-Jig

DSCF9187

22 comments:

Christina said...

This is just so classy! I especially love the embossed frame and watermarked snowflakes behind the sentiment. Beautiful use of these colors!

Linda Callahan said...

Love thew vintage look - and I love how you framed the skaters! Like a portrait on the wall - so pretty! And I see the ballerina is warming up!

Lauri said...

This is take my breath away gorgeous! I love how you did the central image with the oval folder..and all the background..a wonderful, gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! I will have to make time this week for the PP challenge!

Gem Artmiste said...

wow, gorgeous card! every last detail is perfect

Denise Willerton said...

super cute card LeAnne ~ I've yet to use my designer frames yet....yikes...does that mean I have to many toys or just not enough time in a day! TFS your wonderful creativity ~ Enjoy your day!

Lesley said...

This is lovely LeAnne, warm and cozy for sure! Love the ribbon and your use of the embossing folders.
Hugs,
Lesley

Rita W said...

Wow, LeAnne! This is just gorgeous! I haven't used my designer frames yet and you've made me want to go pull them out! I LOVE everything about this one! Super great job! Thanks for taking time to play along with us! :)

None None said...

Wow, LeAnne!! This a stunner of a card, love the vintage look and the skaters look magnificent in the frame. I have yet to use mine.

barb mann said...

LeAnne - This one is FABULOUS! Everything about it is perfect. The EF frame with the skaters blows me away. You always come up with the neatest ideas. Can barely wait to try this one. TFS

Linda said...

I love the card and that frame is really cool. What a great idea.
Oh I wish I could pull my toes like that. LOL

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh, LeAnne! Is this ever pretty! I really like how you added the snowy texture to the stamped image. I especially love the mixture of pattern and textures you added, while keeping the design clean. Gorgeous, as always! River Rock is one of those tough colors for me but your color combo really makes it "work". Have a great day! :)

Christine Blain said...

This is a really beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the vintage look you've created with this gorgeous colour combination.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh LeAnne, this is stunning! Knock my socks off gorgeous with the embossing and the background stamping. Love the skaters framed in the embossed oval and the way you've done the sentiment is fabulous!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, LeAnne this is absolutely stunning! Your colors are perfect for a Christmas card. The sponged image and all those lovely layers remind me of vintage Christmas cards. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julie Marshall said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the simplicity of the stamping and the design. The snowflakes on the skaters was such a perfect touch. Thanks for such a fabulous color challenge.

Ann Schach said...

When I saw this card, my jaw just dropped! This is absolutely stunning, LeAnne! I LOVE the vintage look!

Margaret Moody said...

This is just gorgeous, LeAnne! Love everything about it! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie Henderson said...

Your card is gorgeous LeAnne, I love the oval and how you sponged it, cut it and stamped it, beautiful!

Jen Timko said...

Stunning! I love the oval (and that cutting...wow) and how you used the sentiment is brilliant. Gorgeous use of the colors. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Fisher said...

Absolutely love your skaters! I also admire your steady hand cutting out the oval! Your creativity NEVER stops!

Debbie said...

Congrats on being Queen of Clean this week! Your card is fabulous

Tara Bilbao said...

LeAnne, this is an absolutely stunning card! It is simply perfect. I love all the texture, stamped images and the layout is just fabulous. It is a perfectly edited work of art.