Tuesday, September 21, 2010

CQC51, OCLDT31

DSCF2078

Happy Tuesday to you!  Another week has passed and Arielle has come up with another fabulous color combo for us to play with:

cqc51

Aren’t these flowers gorgeous?  Although the mannekin head sort of gives me the creeps, I love the hat!  I guess that’s what it is!  My MIL always wore a hat and gloves to church, it was quite her claim to fame…..I doubt she ever had one like this, though!  I took advantage of these colors by using some new SU paper called Sunny Garden with a little smidge of Jolly Holiday in there too:

CQC51_LeAnne 

This is a loooong tall drink o’water card….8” tall….and I used this sketch from Our Craft Lounge:

OCLDT31

It gave me lots of opportunities to use those fun papers and embellishments like little pearls:

DSCF2079

and seam binding (yard sale find), buttons, punching and piercing:

DSCF2080

So run on over to the CQC blog to play along with us….if you don’t have these new SU colors, feel free to substitute something real close!  Can’t wait to see your creations!

  • Stamps:  Butterfly Prints, Short & Sweet, A to Z
  • Paper:  Bride Specialty DP (ret), Poppy Parade, Old Olive, WW, Sunny Day DP, Jolly Holiday DP
  • Ink:  So Saffron, Old Olive
  • Acc:  Paper Piercer, Scallop Trim Punch, Seam Binding, Button, Nesties, Butterfly Punch, Pearls, Word Window Punch

Here’s a little peek of my sweet granddaughter being held by my gorgeous niece at a family function over the weekend.  Olivia was SO EXCITED when she found out Dana was having a baby, so to actually see her and hold her was the highlight of her day:

Olivia & Cassidy 9-18-11

Blessings on your day!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful card Leanne....colors are gorgeous! I'm loving that little granddaughter of your too!

dpkennedy said...

I love your card! The papers are so pretty! That picture of the two girls is so precious! Love it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, those colors are YUMMY!!! And another sweet pix of baby Cassidy... too cute!

Ann said...

Love your take--these colors are yummy!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty card and a great photo of the girls. TFS

Amber (bambi64) said...

Beautiful card. Love all the colors and the pearls.