Monday, March 9, 2009

Baskets of Mojo

I came home from our Women's Retreat yesterday to find out one of my friends from church has had a recurrence of  cancer and is in the hospital again.  She is a very private person and wants no visitors, so some cards and flowers will be in order.  She loves to sew and knit, so I made her this card using the Mojo Monday 77 sketch:

DSCF3373

I've used a variety of cardstocks here from SU, K&Company, and Crate Paper, but they all seemed to work nicely together.  And I actually used my gray Copic to outline my image!  Nervous, but I did it!  I don't know why I was so nervous---I think I was afraid it would be too dark.

DSCF3351 Our retreat was very nice;  we rented a wonderful large cabin near Raystown Lake, PA, which is near Altoona.  Very pretty, but very, very remote.  If a bear had walked up onto our porch, it would not have surprised me!  As you can see, although the weather was warm, it was cloudy.  We had a great time, but I came home quite tired!  So I spent today catching up and getting ready for some workshops this week.  Thanks for visiting!

  • Stamps:  Knitting Basket, Lockhart
  • Paper:  Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory, Cloud by Crate Paper, Hannah by K&Co
  • Ink:  Stazon, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard
  • Acc:  Aquapainter, Brads, Wide Grosgrain, Button & Thread, Nesties, Dimensionals, Copic Marker

21 comments:

mudmaven said...

Beautiful card! I'm sure it will be well received. Love that outlining too - going to have to put fears aside and give it a try myself! ~chris

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

So, you gave in and bought some Copics?!?! Do you love them? I've been on the fence about buying some.

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's returning cancer. I'm sure this card will put a smile on her face!! You're a great friend ...so glad God put you in my life!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!! I'm sure that she will love to receive this wonderful gem!! :) TFS

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love it!

Renee said...

This is beautiful LeAnne I love it! I hope your friend will be ok...I'll add her to my daily prayer list :)

Anonymous said...

OK now. THAT is the cardstock I need for my victorian easter egg, right? I'm ready to DITCH that egg. It's not worth the misery.

I'm not one to use blue. I don't know why, since that card is so delicate looking.

This is what I look like when I'm changing my mind (#) not pretty.

Barbara said...

Oh, LeAnne, this is just beautiful!!! I *know* it will bring your friend great comfort.

Marlou McAlees said...

this is a stunning card !!! I love it !! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful card!!....the colors, the texture, that ribbon treatment...{{sigh!!}}

Ilse Vargas said...

Very nice! I'm sure it will cheer up your friend. Greetings.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card-i'm sorry to hear about your friend- thoughts and prayers are with her.

You have an amazing blog.

XOXO
Sara

Jennifer said...

I just love your sweet card! I hope the best for your friend.

Jennifer

Lynn Put said...

Sorry to hear of your friends illness. The card that you made for her is wonderful, she'll love it!
I'm glad you had a nice time on your retreat.

dpkennedy said...

This is really beautiful LeAnne! I love the colors and the papers you used! This is a great sketch...I really want to do it this week. So many challenges, so little time...lol!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Leanne! I love the mix of designer papers! Hugs and prayers for your friend!

Anonymous said...

Super cute mojo card. I love the soft colors :)

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is stunning - love the soft pastels

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the button and ribbon detail!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is super cute!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a fantastic card, may it lighten the load a bit for your friend... BR-T

Elizabeth said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colors!