Sunday, August 7, 2022

PP603 Rings of Love Birthday

 Hello, everyone!  Hope your weekend is going well so far!  Jaydee is our Paper Players hostess today with a theme challenge that everyone can appreciate---birthdays!  We all need birthday cards, right? 

Although the inspiration photo shows lots of bright colors, cakes, balloons and gifts (and a cute dog!), I chose to go in a more earthy theme, because I am still trying to use up some of my gorgeous Rings of Love DSP!  The birdie pattern is my favorite, so I paired it with some Daffodil Delight DSP and some retired Night of Navy seam binding ribbon for a super-easy card:


I stamped the pretty sentiment from Happiness Abounds directly on the DSP in Night of Navy ink, then added a layer of the Rings of Love DSP and ribbon.


Since it is such a simple design, I added a layer of Misty Moonlight to bring out the blue hues, and then mounted that all on a Crumb Cake card base. Sometimes, when you're uber-busy, letting the papers do most of the work is perfectly acceptable!  This card will be going to a friend from church and I hope she likes it!

Now, what will you create?  The possibilities are endless...will you do masculine, child, or maybe you'll do a doggie birthday, LOL!  Share them with us at the Paper Players blog so everyone can see your fun creation!  Thanks for popping in today!

The last of my birthday cards!  This fun one is from my PP teammate, Claire:


And my friend Kathy sent this gorgeous one:


And Shawn created this dazzling beauty---she always knows how to add the right amount of bling and sparkle:

And Wendy sent me these cupcakes, my favorite kind--non-caloric!


Finally, from across the pond, Joanne, another PP teammate, send me this beauty!  This bouquet will never fade!


My friends have blessed me with their creations! Enjoy your day and be blessed as well!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happiness Abounds
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Misty Moonlight (ret), Rings of Love DSP, Daffodil Delight DSP
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon (ret)
Tools    

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is the pattern that I could so easily hoard, but I am forcing myself to use it. It'll be on an upcoming card for a fun fold that was created by accident! Misty Moonlight goes so beautifully with the birds and the Crushed Curry complements the entire card. Have a blessed day.

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, cute card with the bird DSP! Love the blue and yellow together. Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, I just LOVE this bird DSP. Makes me think of my Mom. She loved bird. I love yellow and Navy together. Such a special card to make someone smile! Have a great week, My Friend!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm delighted to report we have FOUR more Bluebirds gracing us twice a day for feeding time, LeAnne!
It's no wonder I adore this darling dsp - what a beautiful way to send birthday wishes!
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this paper too and haven't cut into my sheet yet, but have been totally inspired by the lovely cards you've made with it LeAnne and this is no exception - the simple design really allows those bluebirds to shine and I love the addition of the ribbon bow too. So glad my birthday card arrived safely too!!

Lisa Elton said...

That darling paper is a gift in itself! What a delightful birthday card!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful, LeAnne! This is my favorite pattern from this package of paper. This card, in it's simplicity, allows this paper to shine. It's breathtaking!

laurie said...

That is some awesome designer paper...love the bluebirds!!

Basement Stamper said...

the bird pattern on that paper is my favorite, I love the color combo and is perfect for the card you created.

Christy Lynn said...

That Daffodil Delight pattern is the perfect complement for the bird paper, love them together! And hey, ain't nothing wrong with a quick-and-easy card, especially when it looks as good as this one!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love this paper and the addition of the yellow strip across the top gives the eye a little time to rest. Fabulous card, my friend
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a beautiful card to showcase that DSP, LeAnne! I love, love, LOVE that beautiful blue ribbon, too. SO pretty!