Tuesday, April 12, 2022

RRCB180 Hello

Hi there, everyone!  Tuesday means a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we show some love to our older stamps!  Heaven knows I have LOTS of them!  Today we have a fun sketch:


Love it!  I returned to one of my favorite 6x6 pads, Home Again by Carta Bella, and pulled out some coordinating papers:


I was late making my card, so I was trying to be quick, and my original one used a stamp that wasn't a year old! Yikes, I ripped off the tag and started anew; this time I used Jar of Love (2016) for my sentiment, stamping it on a Thick Basic White banner in Memento Black.  In hindsight, I should have added a little black doodad on the tag so it would coordinate with my paper! I can still add it on, right?
I also stamped a sprig from the same set and diecut it out, then added a bow of Linen thread to mimic the sprigs on the printed paper.  


All in all, for a quick card, I think it's pretty sweet!  I think I'll be playing with this sketch again, it's really fun to do, and I hope you'll play along too!  Just remember to use stamps that are at least a year old and tell us the approximate age!  You can see what the other design team members created at the Retro Rubber blog!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Love (2016, ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Home Again DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Memento Black, Sage Shadow (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Everyday Jar Dies (ret), Banner Dies (Nestabilities)

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Love the colors in these papers, LeAnne - just a darling place to attach a sprig and your sweet hello!
=]

Heather said...

Oh wow, LeAnne, I LOVE these papers! Dang, those little botanical tags are so cute! This is a perfect fast card, with just the right quick sentiment, too - woo hoo!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this and the way you used the paper with the tags! I have so many papers like this that I couldn't figure out how to use, but this is a great idea! Pretty card, LeAnne!