Monday, March 7, 2022

Casology Straw Hat Anniversary

Happy Monday, peeps!  Weird weather this weekend....very warm for March.  It makes me nervous, like we're going to get "rewarded" with a snowstorm next week or something, LOL!  Anyway, can't do a thing about it so I just go to my stamp room and stamp!  A couple in our church are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary!  Casology had a fun challenge of "hat" and I had been wanting to use this straw hat image from one of my absolute favorite retired sets, Garden Pleasures.  


So here we go:


I needed my card to be really clean and simple, so I just placed my stamp (it's an old wood one but I took it off the block) in my Stamparatus and stamped it in Memento Black, cleaned it and then stamped again in Versamark without moving it.  Then I heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder and simply colored it with an aquapainter and reinkers.  Normally I don't like to watercolor on regular cardstock because it pills, but with the embossing and it being a smaller image, it worked great! 


I added a sentiment from the SAB set Special Moments and a few speckles from Color and Contour, then stamped my sentiments from the retired Number of Years on the inside:


70 years is amazing.....a real testimony to their commitment to each other and to the Lord!  Thanks for popping in today!

The saga of Eden and the dog bed continues:


No caption needed, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Color and Contour, Special Moments (ret), Garden Pleasures (ret), Number of Years (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla
 Ink Versamark, Memento Black, Crushed Curry, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Misty Moonlight, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories Clear Embossing Powder
Tools     Aquapainter, Corner Rounder Punch (ret), Heat Tool, Stamparatus

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be….love it! And wow 70 years! The dog picture cracks me up!

Barb R said...

Perfect CAS card! Love that stamp, too.
I literally LOL’d with this pix of Eden! She’s nothing if not persistent!! Tfs 😀

Bonnie said...

So sweet and beautifully colored with wonderful shading, LeAnne! I hope you enjoy the nice weather and don't have a big snowstorm to come.

I Card Everyone said...

What a darling stamp to bring out of retirement for your friends! Your love of birds is showing here, LeAnne - so wonderful.
My heart belongs to Ginger today - help? lol
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Your card is so sweet and once again your watercoloring is fabulous! LOL on the dog pic! This is just hilarious! Neither one of them look too happy!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello LeAnne: I just joined the CASology challenge and when I went to add my card, it landed next to your beautiful one.
I almost grabbed this stamp to make my card, but opted for the one I used, this set "Garden Pleasures" is one that came out back in 2001, and back then, I had not started with this card-making hobby. I actually bought it not too long ago on eBay, it's a gorgeous set with lovely images, I'm so happy I got it.
You colored this sweet hat beautifully.
Now, that picture of your doggies.....I love how the little one just took over that bed, it looks like both of them are just accepting the situation, and I do admire the patience and resignation of, is it Eden?
Thank you for sharing.
XO
Stay healthy and safe.
Maria.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh this is sweet and the happy couple will love it! Ginger looks like she's going to stand her ground! Poor Eden!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautifully CAS LeAnne and a great hat stamp too! What a milestone - and what a standoff between those puppies!!