Sunday, February 6, 2022

PP577 Be My Valentine

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge with Laurie as our hostess!  I am sure we're all gearing up for Valentine's day, and if you don't celebrate that, we can always use a card for a friend!

 

I wasn't going to do it, but I broke down and bought some Sweet Talk DSP...it's really quite cute and has fun colors in it!  I paired with a retired SU set called PS: I Love You:


I used the sketch from Atlantic Hearts so I could play with several different patterns of the DSP!


After adhering the strips to my Basic White card front, I made a little envelope with some Pool Party DSP, then fussy-cut some of the hearts and candy from one of the DSP sheets and tucked them into the envelope, adding some bling for fun:


I stamped and punched out the sentiment, then added another little piece of candy.  I whooshed some Wink of Stella on it to match the sparkle in the Organdy ribbon!  


And of course, I stamped a Valentine sentiment on the inside as well!  Hmmm, I wonder who will receive this Valentine?!  And I hope you'll be inspired to create a Valentine or friendship card of your own with us this week!  Be sure to share it at the Paper Players and while you're there, check out the amazing samples the DT created as well!  Thanks for popping in today!

Despite the cold temps we've been having, my little orchid is blooming!  And there are more blooms to come, I hope!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps PS: I Love You (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Sweet Talk DSP, Pool Party DSP
 Ink Real Red, Highland Heather
Accessories Dimensionals, Glittered Organdy Ribbon, Gems (from my stash)
Tools     Big Shot, Wink of Stella, Love Note Dies (ret), Modern Label Punch (ret)

17 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I know what you mean about breaking down and buying DSP we don't need...lol! Cute card. Your orchid is beautiful. I have never owned one.

Christy Lynn said...

LeAnne, I had to laugh about how you "broke down" and bought that paper...I am a total sucker for pretty patterns! I probably already have more than I will ever use but I 100% do not let that stop me from buying more! Your card is adorable, I love all the little bits of candy and the hearts overflowing from the envelope. So cute!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne that dsp would be hard to resist it's so cute! An adorable Valentine for a sweetie!
=]

Jennie Maier said...

Love all your patterns together LeAnne! Cute card! And nothing like some pretty flowers when it's so cold! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is my favorite card!!!! That DSP is soooo fabulous. That little envelope full of hearts is soooooo darn cute!!!!!!!! All those little candies and the mix of patterns made me SMILE!!!!!! Have a great week, My Friend!

Lorraine said...

I love what you did with that paper. With luck you should have that orchid blooming for months.

Ann Schach said...

What a great sketch to use, LeAnne! It was absolutely perfect for combining these designer paper strips. This is an adorable Valentine. I can never resist an envelope overflowing with hearts AND candy...especially when they have been blinged out. Your orchid is so pretty. Look at all those buds! Have a wonderful week!

Anna said...

What a fun card. I love the colors and elements that you have included. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and hope you can join us again soon!.
Anna, Design Team

Dena J said...

Ah,LeAnne, we have all 'broken down' many times. lol But this was worth it. The darling envelope is overflowing with goodness and is perfect for the sketch. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Dena J, DT

Cindy Beach said...

LeAnne, I think you've highlighted the DSP beautifully and filling the envelopes with hearts bedecked with pearls makes this so fun! Looks pretty and good enough to eat!

Lisa Elton said...

Well, it is cute paper so it was worth it! Delightful card, LeAnne!

Brandi said...

I love the subtle papers paired with the bold hearts at the bottom and the envelop of love exploding is great! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, a quick look through the comments and of course none of us can relate to 'breaking down and succumbing' to crafty goodness LOL!! Such a fun, bright card! Your orchid looks healthy and happy. I have one that I'm trying to coax to flower and I'm not sure if it's going to oblige! Vicky x

laurie said...

Cute valentine!! I do love that paper I can see why you broke down and got it!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card LeAnne! The little candies are so stinking cute, too. Sometimes you just "need" the DSP. Lol! Your orchid is gorgeous. I'm so jealous as I've never had any luck keeping them alive

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I am not at all surprised you broke down and bought this DSP - it is fabulous and you showcased it beautifully. Your little envelope made me smile and your sparkly candy is everything! Another fabulous card. Oh.. and I love seeing your orchid bloom :-)
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your fussy cutting of this DSP LeAnne - I succumbed too! This sketch is a great way to showcase it and your envelope full of hearts makes for a sweet Valentine!