Sunday, March 21, 2021

PP533 CAS Funny Farm

Happy Sunday, everyone!  It is Ann's turn to hostess our Paper Players challenge and she has a fun CAS one for us:

 

When I saw the array of animals in the challenge prompt, I knew just which stamp I wanted to use!  I first started with the FMS sketch from Jen:


And here we go:


This image and sentiment are both from Unity, stamped with Memento Black and diecut with various stitched dies.  I embossed a background panel with the Pinewood Planks EF, cut it in half diagonally, then mounted it on a Basic Black card base 5" square.  I created my own envelope as well, because of the large size, using some DSP from True Love.


I used two stamps from Papertrey for the inside, and sadly, I think I washed the smaller one down the drain while I was washing my Stamp Shammy!!! :(  Anyway, I still have the big one, so that's the important one to me!  I also punched out the corners for some interest!


Since I've only used black and white, I am also entering this in Color Hues' challenge this month:


Come play along with us this week at the Paper Players...remember to keep it CLEAN AND SIMPLE!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for popping in today!

So no pictures of the family, but I had to share an interesting find....we have a discount grocery store that I like to frequent. They sell stuff that's slightly outdated, or a can with a bump or torn label.  I have some amazing deals at really good prices!  On my last trip, I noticed these:


Sauerkraut....in little individual packets, just like ketchup at MickyD's!!!  I don't care for sauerkraut, but John does, so I bought them for him!  He had some with a couple of hot dogs for lunch, and said they weren't bad! Plus they didn't stink up the whole house, LOL! And this is what HE brought home the last time he shopped (I told you he liked sauerkraut, LOL!)


Yep, CHIPS made from cabbage and sauerkraut...AND dill pickle flavoring!  They're actually not bad at all!  A little garlicky for my taste, but at 75 cents a bag, who cares?  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Funny Farm (Unity), Barnyard Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Square Dies (Lil'Inker), Triple Corner Punch, Pinewood Planks EF

21 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this with the fantastic sentiments and the stack of farm animals! It would be funny to see that in real life! Not sure about those cabbage chips but they'd be worth a try.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore those stacked barnyard stamps, LeAnne! Perfect for the Black & White challenge! Your little stamp is likely sitting in the trap!
I think sauerkraut is a yin and yang thing. I'm on John's team, you and Tom on the other! In fact, I was ready to drive to Lisa's when she mentioned her sauerkraut and pork in the pot!!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I could have used those packets when Perry and Gene were alive. I opened a large jar while Perry's sister was here and I have half a jar left. I wonder if I can freeze it in little bags to make my own individual packets. I'll have to Google that! In the meantime, every time you use that stamp, it cracks me up. Great card!

Wendy said...

Love your card, LeAnne! It reminded me of my trip to Hobby Lobby yesterday with Kelsey and they had dish towels with farm animals on! I think Kelsey actually bought a few for her farmhouse kitchen! I really liked that idea of sauerkraut in individual packets but here we eat sauerkraut atleast once a week! I do think those packets would be great to have on hand with hot dogs! Were you shopping at BB's? I was not there in about 2 weeks. Saw there is one now in Oxford! Anyways, I bet Shawn would love those chips! Not sure I would but hey sometimes we are surprised by things if we just give it a try! TFS and enjoy this beautiful day! :)

Bernadette Bliss said...

Great card, LeAnne. Love those stacked animals. Also, thanks for posting the sauerkraut packs and chips. We go through quite a bit of sauerkraut. I don't think they would work for us. If I find the chips I might give those a try. Have a blessed week!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm sad to read that the sentiment went down the sink :( I've lost a stamp or two to a freak accident also! Maybe it will turn up stuck to something unexpected! In the meantime your card is so fun! I laughed out loud when I saw it!

I think the individual sauerkraut packs are genius! I love it but rarely buy it!

Lisa Elton said...

Now that's a stack of fun! Super cute card, LeAnne! Looks like that little store of yours carries some fun stuff. Sauerkraut chips, who knew!

Karen said...

The image immediately brought a smile to my face, but the inside sentiment produced a real chuckle! Your background planks are so perfect for this! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

Love your B&W creation LeAnne! The textured background is just the perfect touch!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Carol L said...

This is my kind of card! LOL I love good humor sent through the mail and the black & white looks great! I bought those kraut bags some time ago at Shady Maple, figuring they'd be good for hot dogs for 2 people. It was a convenient quick and cheap meal!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, LeAnne! I always love a funny card, and these sentiments are priceless! I'm glad you didn't lose the big one down the drain. Have a wonderful week!

Nancy said...

Love your stacked farm animals and the way you framed them in. I was intrigued by the sketch at Freshly Made and will have to file it away for future use as I didn't have time to play along. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues too. I loved seeing this in our gallery! Have a good week.

Debbie Crowley said...

LeAnne, I laughed out loud when I saw your card. Love it to pieces and that sketch is perfect for your images and sentiment. A great CAS card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this stamp LeAnne and the sentiment just cracks me up! This farmyard trio look great in black and white too and I love how the frame adds interest whilst keeping things CAS too. Love your grocery finds; I lived in Germany for a while as a student so I don't mind a good sauerkraut with a Bratwurst, but draw the line at those crisps!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love this card, LeAnne! The stacked barnyard animals are so fun and that sentiment made me spit out my coffee! The black and white color scheme is fabulous! I hope you have a great week!

Linda Callahan said...

B/W perfection! This card makes me smile - love it!

Vicky Hayes said...

This card is loads of fun from start to finish! I love the stack of animals and those sentiments are hilarious! Vicky x

Cindy Beach said...

Such a clever and fun creation, LeAnne! You definitely nailed the farmhouse style and the color combo!

Amanda Mertz said...

Perfect layout for these fun animals! The black and white combo is so cool and reminds me of an old newspaper ad for the feed store! And that's a fun find at the store! As a sauerkraut loving family (with a last name like Mertz it's no surprise lol) it would be useful to have smaller packages of the stuff...sometimes you just don't need that much! Have a great weekend!

Jaydee said...

OK... I need this set - and that sentiment! What a fabulous card LeAnne. So CAS and yet so full of interesting elements and texture. Fabulous!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love your card, LeAnne! You can never go wrong with a fun sentiment, either. Those chips look pretty interesting. I'd try them for sure...and I don't even like pickles. HaHa!