Tuesday, September 8, 2020

RRCB143 Fall Blessings

 Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we give our older stamps some love!  We've got a color challenge today:

Image may contain: food, text that says 'Retro Rubber Challenge #143 color me! (use only yellow and green on your card) September 2020 September 18, 2020, color challenge #rrcb143'

I pulled out a Fun Stamper's Journey set from 2017 called Harvest Wreath to create a pretty little wreath for my card today, although looking at it here, it looks a wee bit lopsided, LOL!:


I stamped the wreath in Old Olive ink and added some berries in Crushed Curry, then cut several leaves from various shades of yellow cardstock using my favorite (and old!) stitched leaves dies from Lawn Fawn.  I embellished the wreath with some Daffodil Delight ruched ribbon and Old Olive linen thread:


I stamped "fall" in Pear Pizzazz on Pear Pizzazz cardstock and diecut it with the matching die; the "blessings" was isolated from a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings:


It all went on an Old Olive card with a Pear Pizzazz mat!  I left the inside blank for a future occasion!  It was fun to use Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz....I haven't used them for a while and it was nice to ease into fall cardmaking with them!  I hope you'll play along with our color challenge this week at Retro Rubber!  Just remember to use stamps at least a year old and tell us how old they are!  Can't wait to see what you create!  

And I just found a new challenge called Color Hues, and their first color combo is also yellow and green, so I am entering it there as well!


Thanks for popping in today!


"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.  If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.  Each one should test his own actions.  Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load."

Galatians 6:2-3

Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Greetings, Harvest Wreath (Fun Stampers Journey)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Old Olive Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Bumblebee
 Ink Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry
Accessories Daffodil Delight Ruched Ribbon, Old Olive Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Leaves Dies (Lawn Fawn), Harvest Wreath Dies (Fun Stampers Journey)

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

First of all, I love that you are including a scripture verse on each post! Second, I love your card design, lopsided or not! I think it's the big leaf that might be making you think that? Thirdly, I'm so glad you found a new challenge. Last but not least, Cassidy looks like she is thoroughly enjoying the outdoors. Have a blessed day and thanks for being a blessing.

I Card Everyone said...

A perfectly wonderful card for both challenges, LeAnne!! I do love that yellow curry color!
=]

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Beutiful card
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Rachelle Oltean said...

WOW - I love this CAS color combo! The olive and curry pair so well together and the simple wreath with the stitched leaves is so effective! This one is a winner!
Rachelle : )

Bonnie said...

These leaves are my favorites and are so pretty on this wreath! What a beautiful spot for a hike! Cassidy looks so grown! Love that smile!

Lisa Elton said...

Those little leaves are THE sweetest! This is cute!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love your wreath LeAnne and it looks perfect not being completely symmetrical because it's balanced by the sentiment. Gorgeous colours too - isn't it fun to see a new colour challenge in Blogland! Don't fall in Cassidy!!! Vicky x

Karen said...

The wreath is absolutely lovely! The die cut leaves create a perfect fall card. Like you, I've been stamping for a long time, but I don't often pull out my old wooden stamps. The combination of the stamped wreath and die cut leaves is perfect for the new Color Hues Challenge. I hope you'll join us again soon!

Sheri Gilson said...

What an amazing card! Love the fabulous dimension the leaves add to the wreath! Thank you so much for playing along with our first challenge over at Color Hues! <3

Cindy Beach said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne, I love the wreath and the pretty die cuts. Yes, I still have my Curry inks and card stock and still like them! So glad that you joined our challenge, your work always inspires!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, what a clever use of the colour palette. I am a HUGE fan of wreath cards and I've pinned this one for inspiration. I love that your 'berries' are stamped in yellow. Cx