Friday, August 14, 2020

AYSI232 Rustic Sunflowers

Hi there, everyone!  Today we have a new As You See It challenge, and it's a wonderful color challenge!  Check out this lovely inspiration:

 Image may contain: text that says '08.14.20 Bermuda Bay Cajun Craze Crushed Curry Whisper White As You See l CHALLENGE #232'

I knew just what I was going to use for this challenge as soon as I saw it!  I pulled out the Jar of Flowers stamp set and inked up the sunflowers in brown Stazon ink (which is FINALLY available!) and went to work:


After watercoloring it with ink and an aquapainter, I fussy-cut it out and mounted it on a white panel that had been embossed with the Tin Tile EF and layered on a piece of Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP and a Crushed Curry mat: 


The Gilded Autumn paper has some lovely shimmery accents so I added some new Metallic Ribbon to coordinate.  And I added a sentiment from Here's a Card, stamped in Cajun Craze and accented with a little flourish from Banner Year, diecut with a die from Tasteful Labels:



The base of the card is Bermuda Bay, and before running in through the Pinewood Planks embossing folder, I inked the inside surface of the folder with Smoky Slate ink.  I love the vintage look it created!  And the sketch I used is from Try Stampin on Tuesday:


I think this photo inspiration is a great segue to making some lovely fall creations...it certainly inspired me, I hope it does you too!  Can't wait to see what you create...share them with us at As You See It!  Thanks for popping in!

I have a few more birthday cards that came in the mail:

From Ann:



From Shawn, along with the back of her envelope (she knows my rebellious nature!!!):



From Darlene:


and here's how it folds...I love this so much, I've already made a couple myself!


and all the way from Germany, from my friend Claudia:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Flowers, Here's A Card, Banner Year
Card stock & Papers     Watercolor, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Gilded Autumn Specialty Paper
 Ink Brown Stazon, Smoky Slate, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Bumblebee, Bermuda Bay
Accessories Dimensionals, Metallic Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Pinewood Planks EF, Tin Tile EF, Aquapainter, 1/8" Hole Punch

9 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love the rustic take on the sunflowers. It looks stunning
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

I Card Everyone said...

There are too many elements of this card to love: gorgeous little bouquet, LeAnne... fabulous gilded paper... BROWN Stazon??!! AND a tin-tile ef? I have to go lay down now! lol
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Such wonderful texture on this pretty card LeAnne! A tin tile embossing folder, love the sound of that!

Heather said...

Wow, LeAnne - LOVE the coloring on your flowers - why have I waited so long to get brown Staz On? Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Vicky Hayes said...

What gorgeous autumnal colours - but it can't be autumn yet, I'm not ready! Love your bright sunflowers and the sweet label. I hope I'm not too late to wish you a happy birthday my friend, and many more to come! Vicky x

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne - love your sunflower card you made with our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!!! Great coloring, and attention to detail. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us again at TSOT!!! -Donna

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the warmth of this card LeAnne - stamping the sunflowers in brown was a great idea (wish I’d thought of that too!) looks fab against the embossed label and base and I love the patterned paper peeking through too. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Isn't that envelope stamp hilarious?!?! I've been using it on almost every single card I've sent in the past month. It's from Picket Fence Studios. Hope your birthday was fantabulous!!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

LeAnne, your card is stunning! Love how you used the colors and the sketch together. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.