Friday, December 20, 2019

ICC058 Christmas Greetings


Every time I say I don't need any more Christmas cards, I find out I DO!  The Inspire Create challenge had a lovely color palette, so I thought I would give it a go:

Image may contain: text

The colors are Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive, and I chose the swag from Shine Bright, stamped in Stazon ink for the focus of my card:


I had a piece of Old Olive gingham DSP already diecut with a Stitched Rectangle die, so I used that to kick off my design.  I watercolored the greenery in Old Olive, added Cherry Cobbler berries and believe it or not, when you use full-strength Blushing Bride, you get this color, which I used on my bow!  After coloring and fussy-cutting the bottom portion, I popped it up with dimensionals on top of the gingham panel:


I also used Cherry Cobbler for shadowing as well as the sentiment from Greatest Part of Christmas; I accented the words with a couple of pine boughs from Winter Woods:


 I added some thick Baker's Twine as a final accent.  Thanks for popping in today!
I always try to make Cassidy a little felt ornament for Christmas; Pinterest is full of ideas, I could spend hours looking at them!  I ended up buying a pattern from Etsy to make this rather fierce-looking owl:


The colors were not as nice as the sample, but I just used what I had on hand; he also has cardstock eyes, as I didn't have any black beads...I didn't want to make a trip to Walmart just for two beads!  I did add the twine, holly and berries (SU's Quilt Builder die for the holly and French knots for the berries) on my own:


 I know Mommy likes owls so hopefully Cassidy will too!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love how you've used these colors and the partial die cutting with the gingham at the bottom! That owl is amazing! A real treasure!

I Card Everyone said...

A final peek of gingham tops off the Season for me, LeAnne! This is such a beauty - love the ribbon tucked among the greenery in this stamp!
Miss C is going to love her ornament - even when she's 50 years old! Perfect touch, those French knots!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your card, especially with the gingham. The scowling owl is perfect! I've never seen an owl smiling :-)

Carol L said...

This is just lovely with the gingham panel and lovely spray of greens with a big red bow! I love the simple elegance of the great design - what a great last minute card! Loving that adorable little owl too - what a wonderful keepsake to hang on the tree year after year ;) I'll be waving back at you as you roll through Boyertown! I'll be sitting at my craftroom window waving wildly for a merry Christmas :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty swag image and it goes so well with the gingham! This is as cozy as it is lovely LeAnne! Sweet ornament. What a special keepsake for Cassidy!