Sunday, December 22, 2019

FF179 Sailing Home


Happy Sunday, peeps!  A quick post today using the sketch from Fab Friday for a masculine birthday card:

I used the Sailing Home stamp set with matching Smooth Sailing dies and a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings; lots of sponging with Soft Suede ink (maybe a bit too much) and I used the Come Sail Away DSP on which to stamp everything:


I created a frame from some retired Woodgrain DSP, and also made another little banner to go behind the sentiment with the same Woodgrain paper:



A few sailboats and a sentiment on the inside and this will be in the mail tomorrow!  Thanks for popping in today!

My SIL were bird-nerd talking yesterday and she told me she saw a yellow-bellied sapsucker on her tree recently! Imagine my surprise when I looked out the window this morning as I was getting my coffee and saw this:



As you can see, it was only about 20 degrees and everything was quite frosty...but he didn't mind!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not one bit surprised about your sighting, LeAnne! Look at the wonderful treat you have for him!! We have a little red-bellied sleeping-over in one of the houses we have a camera in - so cute to see her all snuggled in!
I love the masculine touch to your birthday card, and your wonderful neutral palette!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Well I am on a break.....but all of your s/s/s drew me in! This is fabulous!

Bonnie said...

A perfect masculine birthday card, LeAnne! Love that nautical theme! Your yellow bellied visitor is a treasure with his fluffy feathers! I've never seen one of these beauties. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Wow, this is beautiful, LeAnne! So vintage looking and t6he woodgrain makes a gorgeous frame! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Wow! Your card is stunning! Love the collage look and the neutral colors, great design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is wonderfully masculine! What great shots of the bird, my hubby would love to click away at this fella!

Lorraine said...

I love that - bird nerding! Christmas blessings and joy to you and your family.