Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Just Checking On You


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Hope you're doing well today!  I have a little encouragement card for a sweet young lady at our church.  We are participating in a prayer challenge, where all the adults are praying for school-age children.  My wee one happens to be the granddaughter of my high school trig teacher!  She is as sweet as can be and smart as a whip, too!  Anyway, I made this card for her and will write a few encouraging words inside to let her know I have been praying for her!  It uses Check You Out:


This card fulfills a few challenges too:  the Fab Friday colors and the Try Stampin On Tuesday sketch:


The colors threw me a little, but since there are several elements in the set that could be stamped in different colors, that's what I did...the owl is Cajun Craze, the books are all four colors, and I used the Pretty Peacock for the background:


I added a Mint Macaron border, diecut from the Seasonal Layers dies, and the hearts were cut from the retired Wood Words dies.  I even gave Mr Owl a little bow tie of Blackberry Bliss twine, and the twine at the bottom of the card is some Mint Macaron from a past Paper Pumpkin kit!


I am also entering this in the Festive Friday Inspo board:  I used blue (Pretty Peacock), orange (Cajun Craze), hearts and encouragement theme:



Thanks so much for popping in today!

This is what happens when your human mom just can't help covering everything in sight with something crocheted!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Check You Out
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock DSP
 Ink Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock, Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron
Accessories Blackberry Bliss Thick Twine, Mint Macaron Twine, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Dies, Wood Words Dies (ret)

9 comments:

Heather said...

Oh gosh, LeAnne - this is adorable! What a perfect card for your prayer mission - I'm sure she'll be thrilled! Perfect take on the colors AND the sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday AND TSOT!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a cute card! I love these colors and your bookish little owl. I'm sure that young lady will feel so special receiving a card made just for her!

Linda Callahan said...

This is such a fun set.....great pops of color! She will love it.....always nice to have someone thinking about you! And oh that dog.....makes me smile!

Lisa Elton said...

This is going to make that wee one feel extra special! It's darling Leanne. So is the fancy dressed pup ;)

Amanda Mertz said...

What a sweet reason to make a card! I love this set and it looks FAB in these colors! The DSP and the large scallop detail are great bold choices for these rich colors! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Marjolein said...

What a lovely card and beautiful colorcombination! Thanks for joining TSOT.

Donna Scholz said...

Your special friend will definitely enjoy her card, LeAnne! Such a cute interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! Thank you for sharing!!! -Donna

Krafty Kaylin said...

i always love a good teacher theme like card. so cute. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful, caring card, LeAnne! This is probably one of my favorite cards I've seen with this set. Thank you so much for sharing at Festive Friday!