Wednesday, January 17, 2018

TGIF142 and IB2 Love You


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Yesterday was our 19th anniversary!  We plan to take a little weekend trip next month so we really didn't do anything special.  I did make an anniversary card for John using two challenges, Laurel's Inspired By:  Winter Coziness, and the TGIF sketch challenge:

   

I recently purchased some Authentique (Original) papers and I thought this cool pages featuring jeans pockets and ticking, would be fun for both challenges:

I used a Simon Says Stamp "love you" die, cut from Papertrey's Rustic White cardstock, some of SU's new Corduroy ribbon (LOVE that stuff), stapled on (a la Laurel), and mounted everything on a Chocolate Chip base:


Here's closeup of those pockets....you can see that I added a star embellishment on one of them:


I added an anniversary sentiment on the inside.  Maybe not your typical anniversary card, but I think John liked it!  

I stopped by my sister's house yesterday too....she babysits her grandson Jameson one day a week and I hadn't had a chance to give him his Christmas gift yet:


He moved so fast I couldn't get my camera on him...needless to say, the John Deere flashlight/tractor was a big hit!


Thanks for popping in today---have a good day and be blessed!





8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Great paper and great card. Happy Anniversary to you and John. Jameson is adorable!

Laurel said...

Oh my fabulous card! You had me at denim! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is fun! Love those pockets, great DP! Your word dies are so pretty too! Happy Anniversary a day late!

I Card Everyone said...

So much to love about this masculine, delightful, denim card, LeAnne!
Happy anniversary!
=]

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne...Jameson and Cassidy (and your pup) are adorable. So is your non traditional Christmas card...great use of the colors!

Tami Hewlett said...

LOVE those denim pockets!!! What a great anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at TGIF Challenges this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Love that paper.....love the pockets.....love the denim look!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! The denim card is a perfect masculine card, bet he loved it!