Sunday, July 9, 2017

PP352 Color Challenge


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Hope you're having a great weekend!  It's my turn to hostess at the Paper Players this week, and I've chosen a rich monochromatic palette for you to play with:


For my card, I began with the FMS sketch:

and the Blooms and Wishes and Beautiful Bouquet stamp sets:


I randomly stamped the floral images in the three challenge colors on a circular panel, then matted it with another circle of Berry Burst.  I did a banner sentiment with Rich Razzleberry, and I found some Sweet Sugarplum glimmer ribbon for my horizontal piece...I love the way it shines and accents the sequins from my stash as well!:


Another birthday card for my July stash!  I hope you'll play with these colors!  The DT has made some beautiful samples!  Be sure to check them all out:


Friday we went to the neighbors' to go swimming...as soon as Cassidy and Lee jumped into the pool, they found this teeny tiny frog....it's so tiny, you can barely see it!


Of course, they had to take turns putting it on each others' heads:



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Blooms & Wishes, Beautiful Bouquet
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Berry Burst
 Ink Berry Burst, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Ribbon (ret), Sequins from my stash
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Thinlets, Circle Dies (Nestabilities)

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Love your take on the sketch, LeAnne! That stamp set is on my wish list and I just keep pushing it to the bottom! Maybe one day on a whim I will order it because it has such pretty flowers in it! Love the colors you used and all the crisp white space!

Kampin' Karen said...

Your blog, cards and pics are such a blessing to me. I can't wait to do something with this challenge. I rarely do monochromatic so it will be fun. I have seen some lovely cards on the hop. When I get back from church and finish getting dinner ready, I hope to be able to comment on some of them. I also need to clean up my card room as I left it a mess before our month's vacation. It's good to be back but I really miss family and friends.

Unknown said...

Your card is just lovely. I love your color choices! The pics are so cute - I have never seen a frog so tiny.
Enjoy your Sunday and blessings to you and your family, too.

Marti

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, what a gorgeous use of the colors. The glimmer strips behind that beautiful collection of flowers really pops - especially with the addition of the sequins. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

These colors are lovely together LeAnne and your card shows that to a "T"! Nice use of the sketch and I love that glimmer paper! Looks like the kids enjoyed that teeny little froggie!

Crafty Casey said...

Beautiful, simple card! And what a darling photo of Cassidy - my gosh, she is growing up so fast!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving the colors! Pretty card! And those kiddos are so cute!

Colleen Begley said...

Very pretty card with these fun colors you've chosen. Love that sparkly ribbon too. Have a great week!

Kim S said...

What a fabulous floral circle you have created!! A lovely backdrop to the sentiment banner. And I love the bit of sparkle! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Well for random stamping your circle looks perfectly co-ordinated! I love the depth that you've added by layering the colours together and the shimmery ribbon and sequins finish off your card beautifully. A great card for a great colour challenge this week LeAnne!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh LeAnne! I am in love with this card! In fact, when I saw it I realised there was no point in even trying to make a card for FMS as yours was perfection. I love the balance, the clean swathe of white that lets that fabulous floral centrepiece shine out and those perfectly placed sequins. It was a card I wished I'd made. :-) Thanks so much for great colours to play with this week.

Annie S. said...

I saved this beauty in my Cards to CASE folder immediately! A perfect inspiration for your Color Challenge this week 😊 ~ Annie

Brent Scheffer said...

The flower stamps in the round applique are stunning!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

SO pretty! Love that added glimmer ribbon!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love the glimmer paper strips and that beautiful circle of flowers! WOW! Your rocked your own challenge! Looks like Cassidy is having fun! Have a great weekend! XX

stampwithsandy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! So much yummy purple-ness, including the ribbon and sequins! And I love Cassidy's expression with the little frog on her head!