Friday, December 9, 2016

Easy Christmas Card


Hi peeps!  I am still cranking out Christmas cards....I still have time, right?!  Next week, they'll go in the mail!  I made this card last week but never posted it....it is so easy!  The image was printed from a Crafty Secrets CD; the ticking part was actually at the bottom of the image, and I cut it off and layered it on top with some black cardstock; added a sentiment (retired Cornish Heritage Farms Vintage Christmas Expressions); some burlap ribbon and a glittery snowflake; and finally, some DD glitter and called it a day:


I just think this little boy looking out the window (waiting for Santa on Christmas eve day?) is so precious!


And this year's Advent Calendar openings have been too funny!  On this particular day, Santa's elf could not fit her gift into the box, so he gave her a note (typewritten--you can imagine how OLD that typewriter is!).  She was a wee bit puzzled: 


She sits down to read the note, which tells her the gift is under the snowman on the piano:


Needless to say, she was excited when she found it!


Just some more wooden ornaments and a set of markers....this child loves to craft!  


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card looks like one you'd buy in a store like Hallmark...but even better. I love the expressions on a little child's face, both in the window and at the piano :-) Have a blessed weekend.

I Card Everyone said...

Cute as a button ... both the card and that adorable granddaughter!
=]

Wendy said...

Your card is beautiful, LeAnne! It also has that vintage feel to it which I just love! Oh my, Cassidy's reaction to the gift was great! She is creative just like her grandma! TFS and stay warm! Burrrr, winter has arrived a bit early!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this LeAnne!! The little tyke looking out the window reminds me of Penelope looking out our window yesterday saying "snow" with excitement! I love how happy and enthusiastic Cassidy is over her Advent Calendar!!

Vicky B. said...

This card is beautiful! I love seeing pictures of Cassidy and her sweet expressions. Her shirt actually looks like you could replicate it in some way on a card...different heart patterns in a grid format.

Linda Callahan said...

Love this sweet card! And I love seeing Cassidy and her advent calendar.....fun!

Margaret said...

so precious!