Saturday, October 1, 2016

MTS144 and September Paper Pumpkin Fun


Hi peeps!  Happy Saturday!  Happy October, too!  I have a few new Paper Pumpkin customers (the BOGO offer goes on until October 10; you can check it out here!) and sometimes the projects are cute, but may not fit the customer's taste!  However, I usually find that the stamp sets are always fun and versatile, so I thought I would show you a couple, (well, three actually), cards that I made with the September Paper Pumpkin stamp set.

The first one is a very simple 4.25" square card that uses Festive Birthday DSP, Crushed Curry and Chocolate Chip inks; I stamped the flower petals twice, turning the stamp slightly the second time so the petals were staggered:


I love the clean, fresh look of this one!  I also used some Early Espresso ribbon and a little scallop strip I cut with the Layering Squares die!

The next one uses the Match the Sketch sketch for this week:


and it features the jack-o-lantern images, stamped in Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango and Old Olive, as well as a little piece of Playful Palette DSP, which I find a bit challenging to use:


I also used the Labeler Alphabet to stamp "boo" and some speckles from a retired set called Itty Bitty Backgrounds, but you could use any speckle stamp!  I tore some Basic Black cardstock for my horizontal strip, and stamped the faces on my Very Vanilla card base just for fun!  I CASE'd Lisa Curcio's daughter Boo for that idea!  You can check out her cute ideas here.


My final sample uses another Very Vanilla card base, this time embossed with the beautiful new EF called Cable Knit.  I stamped the floral image in Craft White ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, stamped the centers with Crushed Curry and then dabbed on a little Cajun Craze ink with a sponge dauber for some dimension:
  


I added a burlap bow tied with linen thread, and I stamped the sentiment in Crushed Curry, then just cut out the "hello" and made a little banner and backed it with another piece of burlap:


I do find that with these heavily textured pieces as well as with the burlap, Tear N Tape is a great way to make sure everything adheres well!  

Thanks for popping in today, and I hope you got some ideas for your Paper Pumpkin stamps!

A little magnetic engineering:




We found that a vintage metal tray works really well to hold the magnastix together!  Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Cheribear said...

She seems to play so good by herself. I bet that she is a injoyable child to have around. It has been fun watching her grow and interact with her Grama and Grandpa. You are so lucky to have her in your life so much. You both seem like such great Grandparents. I love how you used your Paper Pumpkin kit this month. You have some great ideas. Thank you for sharing...

Wendy said...

Love all 3 of your Fall themed cards today, LeAnne! I was WOWed when I saw the first sunflower card, then I moved on to the adorable pumpkin card and by the 2nd sunflower card I just completely drawn in because of the Cable Knit EF! All 3 are just beautiful!! TFS and hope you have a great day! :)

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of wonderful cards LeAnne! The first is such a happy card! Those pumpkins are cute and I love the warmth of the last one! Fun to see Cassidy at play ;)

laurie said...

What a great set of cards! I love that new embossing folder,in fact I just ordered it.I love to watch kids play..they have such creative ideas...she looks so serious building her creation!

Fanny said...

Eine schöne Karte ist das geworden, da hast du unseren Sketch super getroffen, vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen und viel Glück bei der Challenge und der Verlosung. Viele liebe Grüße, Fanny