Friday, October 14, 2016

CCMC428 and PPA322 At Christmas


Happy Friday, peeps!  Yay, it's the weekend!  I have a busy one planned, but it's all good!  But how can it be October 14 already??!!  Hope you have some fun things planned as well!  I have another Christmas card today; I was inspired by this sweet card by my friend Joanne....it is just so cute!  So this is for the Create with Connie & Mary color challenge, just like hers, as well as Susan's fun little sketch from the Pals Paper Arts:

CCMC428ppa322

So here we go:


I will admit that Sweet Sugarplum is a sadly under-used color in my cardmaking!  It's really quite pretty!  I stamped the banner from Time of Year, fussy-cut it out and put it atop a Swirly Scribbles Pear Pizzazz diecut.  I was really sad when SU discontinued Iridescent Ice embossing powder, which is what I used on my "wreath" here, but you can get a similar effect with Versamark ink, Heat & Stick Powder, and Dazzling Diamonds glitter!  I just smooshed my diecut into my Versamark pad, coated it with the EP and heated it up:


I love how it gives it a darker, sparkly look!  I stamped the holly in Pear Pizzazz and Sweet Sugarplum, trimming and gluing, then added some Pool Party strips of DSP from a few years back.  This is such a fun sketch, I love it!  I added a simple sentiment on the inside; I think it might be a bit too simple, I might have to go back and add some more holly or something!


Another card to add to my stash!

Continuing on our "Minion" day (for some reason, she kept the hood up the entire morning until she got dressed!!!), my sweet friend Sandy set her some fuzzy Jack-o-lantern stickers, so she went to work making Halloween cards for her two sets of cousins:



Despite my best efforts, she really loves coloring more than stamping, although she did do a little bit here with Jolly Bingo Bits!  I have a whole set of retired SU markers and she loves them the best!


Since she is learning to read and write, I cannot hardly get her to stamp a sentiment...she writes a whole letter on the inside; I wish I had taken a photo of it!  Other than spelling a few words wrong, she does really well.  She climbed up on a chair to look at the October calendar to see how to spell "Halloween"!  Now she knows it by heart!  She really has a giving heart, she loves to give cards and even her toys away!

Thanks for popping by today and have a blessed day!

17 comments:

Marybeth said...

Hi LeAnne I know it has been way to long when I see how grown up your granddaughter is! I love her little Halloween scene!
Your Christmas card is absolutely beautiful! What a neat design!

mudmaven said...

Love your card today! Cassidy reminds me so much of my granddaughter Isabella. Sensitive souls in such young bodies. Gotta love 'em!

I Card Everyone said...

Don't add one thing ... LeAnne it is perfectly darling! Cassidy is learning from the best!
=]

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty, love those soft colors for a Christmas card! And what fun to see Cassidy using her new stickers!

Natalie Lapakko said...

These are such gorgeous colors together! I love how you have made them work for a Christmas card! I know I, for one, get bored with traditional red and green all the time. Thanks for sharing your tips on how to make your own glimmer paper, too, I will have to try that now!

Jenny Engelke said...

Aren't these fantastic Christmas colors?!?!! I just love your sparkly wreath with the little holly added to it. The sentiment is wonderful as well! I'm so glad you shared your talent with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

*Vicki* said...

This card is gorgeous LeAnne! I love the non-traditional colors and of course that sparkle! :) Wishing you a great weekend!

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! And isn't she a darling! Oh, I miss the days when my girls would make cards with me... sniff sniff... Enjoy these moments! Hugs, Autumn

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Awesome card my friend - thank you for the shout out, so glad you liked my card! Your sparkly holly wreath is perfect for this sketch and looks great in this colour scheme; I don't use much Sweet Sugarplum either, but I do think it works really well in this colour combo. That banner makes a great festive statement! As for Miss Cassidy - her cards are little works of art, she really does take after you. She is totally digging the Minion look too!

Colleen Begley said...

Love this card! It may just have to be CASE'd. Fair warning.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh LeAnne, this is so sweet!! I love everything about it. The colors, of course the polka dots, the bit of sparkle, the holly...well, everything!! Cassidy's card is adorable. But then again she's learning from a master!! Thanks you ever so much for you thoughtful card that arrived today.

Anonymous said...

I love your sparkly wreath! I too was so sad when Iridescent Ice EP was discontinued! Great idea to use Heat and Stick EP. Nice fussy cutting and I love the holly and berries

Chris Slogar said...

With a name like "Sweet Sugarplum", this should be a great color for Christmas, but I find that I am underusing it, too. Your card is so sweet - the lacy wreath and little pieces are so graceful! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Unknown said...

Love that color combination for Christmas! Perfect for the holidays. Thanks for playing along with us this week at PPA.

Mary Brown said...

What a delightful Christmas card LeAnne! LOVE how you made your swirly wreath...so sparkly and pretty! I'm really lovin' the Sweet Sugarplum!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the CAS style. It works really well with the colours. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Judi Sparks said...

Love your non-traditional take on the Christmas colors. Great card. Congrats!