Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mary’s Birthday Card


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  My sweet friend and college roomie has a birthday coming up, so I combined a couple of challenges to make her a card.  First, the Mojo Monday sketch:

And second, the “Take your Pick” challenge at the Kraft Journal:

I used top fold, ribbon, tag and twine for her card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Flower Patch Birthday for Mary Stampin Up

I had a little piece of computer-generated kraft gingham and I paired it with a piece of DSP from Simple Stories’ Harvest Lane.  The flowers are from SU’s Flower Patch and the die border is from My Favorite Things.  The sentiment is from Papertrey.  I did some shadow stamping on the inside as well:


Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy is feeling a bit better this week; thanks to all who wished her get-well wishes!


Wee Project Details
Stamps Flower Patch, Mixed Message (Papertrey Inc)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Harvest Lane DSP (Simple Stories), Computer-generated gingham
 Ink Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake
Accessories Mossy Meadow Ribbon, Twine, Candy Dot
Tools     Big Shot, Flower Fair Framelits, Dynamics Blueprint 6 Dies (My Favorite Things, Provocraft Tag Die, Dimensionals


  1. So beautiful! She'll love this!

  2. I love the twine, such a fun look! Looks like a fun challenge,too. Glad Cassidy is feeling better!

  3. This is fabulous, Deb! Great use of the sketch.

  4. Such a beautiful card! Love the soft earthy colors and the fun bits of twine and ribbon. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

  5. Oh so so pretty. I do love the colors you used. So nice that Cassidy is feeling better. So cute that she knows how to use tissues.
    We got home Sunday and I came down with a stomach flu on Monday. I am still not feeling so good, and all I want to do is play in my craft room. I am so thankful that it waited until I got home.

  6. What a beautiful card. Just love the colors and how everything goes together so nicely. Great layout. Thank you so much for entering this lovely card in our Kraft Journal challenge.

  7. I love the gingham and the pretty blues on this card LeAnne, marvelous!! I also love Cassidy's pretty smiles, never tire of those!

  8. So glad to hear that Cassidy is feeling better.
    Your card is so pretty LeAnne. I love the blue scalloped borders and the blue flower. Wonderful mix of papers and colours.

  9. Love this card LeAnne - the colour combination is just lovely and that big blue flower is fabulous.


Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!