Thursday, January 9, 2014

JUGS 222 & SRC 209

DSCF0151

Yay, it’s Thursday—almost Friday!  I haven’t played with the JUGS girls for a while, and I loved their sketch this week….love my “threes”…..and it gave me a chance to use (again) some more Retro Fresh DP!  Here’s the sketch:


And here’s my card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Label Love Birthday STampin Up

This is really straightforward; the paper does most of the work!  I stamped the birthday image from Label Love in Soft Suede and punched it out with the Artisan Label punch, then it was mounted on an Apothecary Accent diecut, on which I stamped the lines from Gorgeous Grunge and shaded the edges:

DSCF0153

I finished it with a banner embellished with some Retro Fresh washi tape!  Fun!  I think this is great for a  masculine birthday!  This also qualifies for the Stampin’ Royalty challenge this week, which is birthdays!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy decided to give Grampy a haircut with the tools from her toolbox, although this looks more like she is piercing his ear with pliers:

DSCF0137
DSCF0139
DSCF0138

I’m telling you…that Grampy is a good sport!  (It didn't hurt as much as he let on, LOL!)

Wee Project Details
Stamps Label Love, Gorgeous Grunge
Card stock & Papers     Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Retro Fresh DP
 Ink Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango
Accessories Retro Fresh This & That Washi Tape
Tools     Big Shot, Artisan Label Punch, Apothecary Accents Die, Sponge Dauber

10 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great card! I love the bright beautiful colors and papers! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

sue t. said...

Don't you love it when a card comes together so easily. I love how you let the BG papers do all the work! Thanks for joining us at JUGS!

Marisa said...

Love your take on the sketch :) Fun papers and colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Frenchie said...

Ooooo, PRICLESS gramps !!!
So sweet ,
Hugs frenchie ,
Love that card , BEAUITIFUL job , will be casing ,

Darlene Gabriel said...

It does look like they enjoy being together even if Grampy has to suffer pain sometimes;)
Fun bday card and I agree....a great one to add to the masculine stash.
Have a great day.

Sharon Wheet said...

LeAnne,
In your usual manner, a great looking card! I just love the new SU! Products you selected to work with.
Good luck in the different challenges that you have entered. And tops off to grandpa for being sush a good sports

Great card!
Sharon W.

Bev Gomez said...

Oh your card is darling LeAnne and the pics are darling of Gramps and Cassidy. Priceless!

Nancy said...

Love those photos...LOL...love your card too! The colors are so fun! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I over at Just Us Girls.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is an awesome card, LeAnne! Love how the DSP does all the work!

Those photos brought a HUGE smile to my face this morning. You caught the images perfectly. heehee

Unknown said...

gorgeous card, I love the color combo that you used, and the way to put the sentiment is great

hugs