Sunday, June 16, 2013

Paper Players 150

DSCF5695

Hey, peeps!  It’s Sunday and Anne Marie has a lovely Paper Players CAS challenge for us today:

Woohoo!  Anyone who knows Anne Marie knows she likes BLING!  I have had these square-cut gems in my bling thing drawer forEVER!  I was so excited that I would have a chance to use them:

PP150-LeAnne

I first chose my colors of Pink Passion, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party and Soft Sky to match my gems.  I stamped a mosaic from Mosaic Madness in each color and then tried to figure out how to achieve a pleasing layout. Nothing was appealing to me,  so I decided to emboss what I call the “snowflake” border from the Delicate Designs set, and what do you know…the mosaics fit perfectly!  Usually I do white for CAS designs, but I thought the Soft Sky cardstock really looked pretty with these jewel tones!

DSCF5698

I added a simple sentiment from Fabulous Phrases and my CAS creation was done!  I hope you’ll take a few minutes to play with the Paper Players this week and share your clean and simple blingy creation!  Can’t wait to see it!  And while you’re there, be sure to check out what gorgeous creations the other designers have made as well!

At different times both John & I noticed a young catbird that hopped around our yard and did not fly away when we got near.  We finally determined that it has a damaged wing!  Cassidy loves to try to “catch” birds, so this one was about her speed:

DSCF5722-resizeDSCF5724-resized

She actually managed to get pretty close to it, then it scooted under some bushes!

DSCF5725

Try as we might, it was pretty well hidden and we couldn’t find it!

DSCF5727

Blog button 21-002

13 comments:

Linda said...

Very pretty card LeAnne! Love the soft colors with just a smidge of bling. Subtle, yet striking!

jengd said...

Lovely! I have that set and punch on my shopping list for the year. The snowflake embossing is a great background for it- never would have realized it was what it was if you hadn't said it.

Ann Schach said...

Oh so pretty, LeAnne! I love the bling! And Cassidy is as cute as ever!

Linda Callahan said...

Don't you love it when all the pieces come together perfectly? Such a pretty result of all of those elements!

Amy O said...

This is so soft and pretty, LeAnne! I keep forgetting about Soft Sky -- I need to use it more! I love this embossing folder with the mosaics.

Brian King said...

LeAnne, This is a great way to showcase the Mosaic Madness set. So simple, so beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

WOW do I LIKE this card! The embossing behind the stamped blinged out images was THE perfect idea!!!

Nance Leedy said...

I love that you used a soft sky base--it's a beautiful accent for those gorgeous mosaics. LOVE the gems and the colors you chose! Great CAS card!

Bonnie said...

I saw this yesterday and didn't get a chance to come by and tell you! I love these colors and think this is one of the prettiest cards I've seen with this set!

Kara said...

Oooooo love this one!!

Justin said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! I love the "snowflake" EF behind those Mosaic punches, so clever! :-)

stampwithsandy said...

This card came out so perfectly, LeAnne! Those gems are gorgeous and work so perfectly with our colors. Love it! Hugs :) Sandy

Anne Marie Hile said...

Thud! Those gems are gorgeous! How could you keep them hidden in your craft room for so long? Probably because you were waiting to use them on this stunner of a creation! Yowza! I love everything about this one!