Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thank You Collage

DSCF3059-001
I made this card before I went on vacation; it was for my friend who just placed an order!  It was fun just to “play”….no sketch, no color challenge, just fooling around with stamps, ink, paper and tools!!  Back to the basics!!
DSCF3057

My tag is a panel from the Fan Fair DP on which I randomly stamped some collage-style images.  I added some butterflies from Papillon Potpourri as well as a ribbon & brad embellishment.  The embossed scallop on the side was made with the Borders Scoring Plate, which I trimmed by hand.  The card base was  embossed halfway with the Honeycomb EF and stamped with the single doily stamp called Gossamer Lace, and a flourish from Creative Elements:

DSCF3062
Thanks for visiting today…if you have any questions, shoot me an email!

Cassidy actually asked to play with stamps when she arrived on Monday morning!  I pulled out some little foam Christmas stamps from a long time ago, an old ink pad and she went to work:

DSCF3093DSCF3092
DSCF3086
DSCF3087
DSCF3091

If she knows what to do at 2 1/2, imagine how she’ll be in a couple of years!  Now if I could just make sure she puts the rubber side down on the ink pad!!!

18 comments:

Kristi said...

This is just lovely LeAnne! I love the tag as your focal point and the stamping and butterflies are delicious! Your little helper is adorable, a pro in the making!

Hugs,
Kristi

Penny said...

Absolutely gorgeous card LeAnne! And your little stamper is such a cutie :-)

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is gorgeous LeAnne! :) HUGS

Linda said...

Such a pretty card. What ribbon did you use - is it SU?

Frenchie said...

ooh yes love that little Cassady , she's going to be super like her Grammy !!!
ms LeAnn love love your card !!!
have a nice day !!!

Barb said...

Beautiful card! Love all of the elements and textures. And Cassidy is going to be a great stamping buddy once she masters a few little "details"!!!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and your tag panel.
Cassidy is such a cutie.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LOVE, love, love the card!! Your style is amazing, LeAnne! Cassidy sure is growing up fast. She is too cute!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Sigh..........you know what I think of this card........nobody does s/s/s like you do! Gorgeous~! One of my all time favorites!

Katherine said...

You are a "Collage Stamping Guru"- love how you combine everything & make it look so good!

Patti said...

Beautiful LeAnne. All the elements work so well together. Looks like Cassidy will be in your downline one day!

idebi said...

Love, love, love your card. I've a idea to help Cassidy use the right side. Glue an embellishment on the top and she can't use that side in the ink.

Anonymous said...

BEATIFUL...just added this into my favorites!!!

Kara said...

Such a pretty card !! Love the pics of Cassidy stamping!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh boy, nobody does collage quite like you. I wish I could pull this off. Pinning for sure!

jengd said...

Great card! I'm not usually a collage person but I really like this one. Cute pix of Cassidy- look out, you may be handing over a lot of your SU stash soon. ;)

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Love!!!! love this card dear LeAnne. what a great way to frame the images like that. And the colours work so well. I am so excited to play along with this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.
Inky hugs, Pauline

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE THIS CARD! So much vintage goodness! How cute is Cassidy stamping - she might need her own blog before long :)