Sunday, January 9, 2011

Paper Players 29 – A Faux Pas Valentine

DSCF6067

Hi everyone! I am happy to be back playing with the Paper Players, and today Jaydee has a theme challenge—Valentine’s! 

PP29 badge

Not a hard one at all, so I hope you’ll play along!  I saw a sweet quilt on a new blog I visited last week called Naturally Carol; you can see it here.  I didn’t want to use red, but instead, use some of the pretty pinks that SU has, so here is my take on it:

DSCF6064

I cut some 3/4” squares and “patchworked” them on a scrap, then mounted it on a piece of Whisper White textured paper, then on a scallop square, then on an embossed square of Regal Rose, then on a Melon Mambo square!  LOTS of layers!  My card base is 4 1/4” square.  And it is difficult to tell from this angle, but the hearts are cut from WW cardstock that was covered with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice EP, then punched with the smallest heart from the 3-Heart Punch from SU.  It has such a sweet sugar-coated effect in real life!  Yum!!!

Now you might have noticed that the title of my post is called “Faux Pas Valentine”…….yes, I made a huge booboo while creating this card….can you find it?  Here, maybe this will help:

DSCF6066

You can see the glitter AND the faux pas……and I was NOT going to re-do my card!!!  So it will go to my DH, because he will not even notice probably!  That is also why there is no other frou-frou on it….he might just notice all that!  Have any of you ever done anything like this?  When I saw it, I just said “OH WELL!”    And here’s the inside:

DSCF6067-1

Sweet!  So visit the Paper Players blog and play along!  We have a great new guest designer this month and you’ll want to see what everyone has come up with!

  • Stamps:  Three Little Words
  • Paper:  WW, WW Textured, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose,  Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo & Regal Rose Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Melon Mambo, Versamark
  • Acc:  Perfect Polka Dots EF; Iridescent Ice EP; Square Scallop Die Cut

15 comments:

Marisa said...

This is adorable!!

Renee said...

Very cute I love it!

Elise said...

Sooooooo ADORABLE! {He won't notice, btw! I'll bet you a box of conversation hearts!} hee hee

This is FANTASTIC card craft, LeAnne. It's pure, from the source... a sweet, crafty creation! Yee Haw!

Kathy Martin said...

So sweet! Love all those papers and your design!

Carol L said...

I had to enlarge the photo to see the mistake, but I doubt a guy will notice that!! We are our own worst critics, but I love the card! Hey, if worse comes to worse, cut the card front off and adhere it onto another layer the right way! Been there/done that! LOL It's beautiful just the way it is!

Christina said...

Super cute! I love the quilt look, and those glittered hearts are so sweet!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh, I love this - it screams Happy Valentine's Day :)

Julie Gearinger said...

Leanne- this is so cute! Love the EP on the hearts and the quilted background. You always have such great ideas- thanks for sharing!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, LeAnne! And I would not have noticed the mistake until you pointed it out! lol Beautiful card...faux pas and all!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, love the quilting - what a perfect take on the inspiration photo. Your bling hearts interspersed with the DSP hearts are perfect. I also love the touch of textured card stock.
Gorgeous..
hugs
jaydee
P.S.... I didn't notice the faux pas at all!

Kristin Eberline said...

What a fresh and pretty card, LeAnne! This is simply beautiful ♥

Nance Leedy said...

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out! DH sure won't, :-). Such a darling card and those little hearts are adorable!

Arielle H Gordon said...

WOWOWOW - LOVIN THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I had to really look to find the mishap. Faux pas and all i think it is adorable, LeAnne. I love the design and all of the pretty pinks! Those glitter hearts are pretty fabulous, too! :)

Julie said...

This is so pretty! Love it!