Oh, I am just loving the colors that our hostess, Danielle, chose today! They are right up my alley! What do you think?
I pulled out some beachy stamp sets that I haven’t used all summer….gotta use ‘em quick, as summer will be gone before we know it!!! I used Impression Obsession’s Nautical and Crafty Secret’s Seaside sets for my collage-style card today:
I also used the Fall to Layout #103, shown here:
I stamped random images on the Soft Sky panel with Soft Sky ink, then did the starfish and sentiment with Memento Cocoa Brown. The cheesecloth background is from CHF, stamped in Crumb Cake. I just LOVE that effect!
And how do you like this snazzy knot? My CTD teammate Barbara has done these several times on her cards, and I actually remembered to look up her tutorial HERE so that I could do one too. It was very easy; her directions are perfect! I thought it added a nice nautical touch to my card. The knot is layered on a piece of Certainly Celery wide grosgrain ribbon; that’s where I snuck in that challenge color!!! I have left the inside blank so I can add my sentiment when I need a special card!
So now let’s see what you can create with these soft, subtle colors! Splash on over to the CTD blog to get all the details and to link your card so we can all see it. Remember, you don’t need to use these exact colors, but we do want something close and we appreciate a shout out on your blog! Now here are links to all our designers:
- Broni - Splashes of Watercolor
- Tammy - Stamp Happy
- Barbara - Paper Pursuits
- Danielle – Wild Dragonfly Designs
- Laura --Lil’Inker
- Kristen – Mindless Creativity
- and our Guest Designer for this month, Chupa Palamountain – Random Acts of Creativity
- Stamps: Cheesecloth, CHF; Nautical, Impression Obsession; Seaside, Crafty Secrets
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
- Ink: Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Cocoa Brown, Memento
- Acc: Twine, Ticket Corner Punch, Pearls, Daubers, Cert Celey Grosgrain, Dimensionals