Tammy and I take turns scaring each other with our color challenges!!! Even after seeing the beautiful fabric she used as her inspiration:
I was not sure I could pull this off! I began searching in my DP stash and found some pretty BG Porcelain paper and mounted it on a 6 1/4 x 4 1/4” Certainly Celery card base. I then inked up my new SU set, Artistic Etchings:
I was moving along at a great pace, happy with what I was stamping, THEN, I realized that when you over-stamp an image previously stamped with Riding Hood Red ink, your newly-inked stamp picks up some of that RHR ink—even if you don’t want it to! Grrrr! See that multi-colored “amour” in the top left corner? Not ‘sposed to be that way! Oh well, I wasn’t about to redo it, so it’s gonna have to do! I stamped the RHR panel with the retired French Script background stamp and added a fun gingham brad and ribbon in Certainly Celery. Seriously, I do like this combo---kudos to Tammy for choosing such a nice inspiration piece!
Be sure to check out the CTD blog for all the details on how YOU can play with us---you don’t need these exact colors, but we do ask that you use something close! You can see all the designers’ samples right here:
- Broni - Splashes of Watercolor
- Tammy - Stamp Happy
- Barbara - Paper Pursuits
- Danielle – Wild Dragonfly Designs
- Laura --Lil’Inker
- and our Guest Designer for this month, Makiko Jones – MakInk Studio
Thanks for visiting today!
- Stamps: Artistic Etchings, French Script
- Paper: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, River Rock, Riding Hood Red, Porcelain, BG
- Ink: Certainly Celery, River Rock, Riding Hood Red
- Acc: Eyelet Border punch, Gingham ribbon, Gingham Brad (both from my stash), dimensionals, sponge daubers