I had about a half an hour yesterday afternoon to play a little before getting ready for my stamp club, and I had been wanting to make a little patriotic decoration with my Big Shot. I REALLY wanted to do Uncle Sam, but it was just going to taking longer than time allowed, so I did a quick flag “box”:
It is really rather plain; I wish I had more time to play with it a little; I would have liked to stamp something on the white stripes and I just couldn’t come up with anything quick that worked, as I was trying to keep it all SU. And of course, the flashy garland really isn’t keeping with the vintage theme, but it’s all I had!!! I made a little two-sided poke, too:
These images are all from the summer mini catalog, a set called (surprise!) Fourth of July! To get the distressed look on the box, I simply dragged my Sahara Sand stamp pad over each piece of cardstock….easy aging! I did the same thing with the white grosgrain ribbon tied around the poke. I think I will give this away as a door prize at the stamp camp I am doing with my friend tonight!!!
I also altered a little container for my hostess; this started out as a plastic lidded box that held honey comb:
Did you know that you can heat a label with your heat gun; it will bubble up and you can peel it right off. There is usually glue residue, but with GooGone, it comes right off! I did some stamping, embossing, diecutting, etc., etc., and came up with this:
I realized after the fact that the DP I was using was Rose Red, and the ink I was using was Melon Mambo….oh well, she liked it anyway. Here’s what I put inside:
Lots of little scraps and goodies!!! A great way to recycle and be green!
Thanks for visiting today!
- Stamps: Fourth of July
- Paper: Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand
- Acc: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Grosgrain & Gingham ribbons, Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Large Star Punch, Brad, Dimensionals, Daubers
- Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
- Paper: WW, Taken with Teal, Thoroughly Modern DP
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Craft White
- Acc: White EP, Heat Tool, MM Polka Dot Ribbon, Big SHot, Scallop Square Die, Circle Punches