I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! It was sunny here, but a tad chilly for spring. I am ready for some consistently warmer weather! I have three little simple cards for you today; the first one is a baby card for Sharon's No Time To Stamp challenge, which was to "Hang it Up!". I confess, this little Lockhart stamp had never seen ink, so I thought this would be a good time:
It's a smaller card, about 4 1/2 x 3 1/2"; the card base is a folded piece of K&Co's Small Wonders Boy Designer Mat Pad. The image is stamped in Stazon on watercolor paper; the safety pins are stamped in Gold Encore ink, then colored with a marker. Here's the inside:
I also dug out my neglected Best Wishes and More and played a little with it:
As you can see, I was experimenting with my Texturz mat as well as some other Big Shot dies! I was also experimenting with Heat & Stick powder and SU's glitter; that was not as successful; Mr Birdie looks better IRL than in this photo, but he is not real happy with his glittery look! We'll continue to work on that technique!
Finally, a VERY simple card using some textured Pink Pirouette paper and the Billboard alphabet die by Big Shot:
Now while I love this sweet simple card, I must confess (again) that I DO NOT like this alphabet die. I love my SU products, but the letters are too small to get out of the die easily. Anyone else have any issues with this, or is it just me? The little dot on the "i" is so small, I gave up trying to pick it up!! That being said, I still love this card!
Stop back tomorrow, when I will be share with you the Featured Stamper from all the Color Throwdown submissions for the past week. This will be a difficult decision, as there were LOTS of wonderful creations! I will be up late re-looking at everyone's!
- Stamps: (card 1) Clothesline, Lockhart; Short & Sweet
- Paper: Small Wonders Boy, K&Co; watercolor paper, Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Stazon, Gold Encore
- Acc: Markers, Grosgrain Ribbon, misc buttons, dimensionals
- Stamps: (card 2) Best Wishes & More
- Paper: WW, Sage Shadow, Pacific Point
- Ink: Pacific Point, Versamark
- Acc: Heat & Stick Powder, Glitter, Birds & Blooms Die, Swirls Scribbles Die, Texturz Plate Small Dots, Eyelet Border Punch, Bold Bright Brad, Big Shot
- Stamps: (card 3) Best Wishes & More
- Paper: WW, Pink Pirouette Textured, Regal Rose, Garden Green
- Ink: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
- Acc: Billboard Die, 3 Heart Punch, Big Shot, Dimensionals