Saturday, May 1, 2021

Just a Couple of Cards

Happy Saturday, peeps! Oh, and Happy May Day!!  In between watching my birds and puttering around the house, I was able to make a couple of cards for a few challenges yesterday!  The first card uses the FMS sketch challenge along with the colors from Just Add Ink




I used the upcoming Hand Penned Petals set along with a sentiment from Lots of Heart:


The florals were stamped in Memento Black, then filled in with So Saffron and Garden Green:


I added some "sprinkles" from Sweet Ice Cream and a couple little In Color Jewels for sparkle!

The second one is for the Fusion challenge and the Krafty Chicks challenge, which is Anything Goes:

I don't make Mother's Day cards as a rule, as both our moms have passed away, but I loved the idea of using a mother and baby image on just a simple "hello" card, especially this sweet little elephant pair from Wildly Happy, which is retiring soon:

I stamped them in Stazon Black ink and watercolored them with Smoky Slate and Blushing Bride, then created a tag, matted in Blushing Bride:

I stamped a sentiment from Here's a Card, creating a couple of banners, and as an afterthought, made a bow with the Pierced Blooms die and added another In Color jewel! The background is some retired Gingham, also in Smoky Slate. I love this combo of gray and pink!

At Jameson's birthday party, the craft activity was painting flower pots!  We have NO lefties in our family, these boys must have gotten their left-handedness from their momma's side of the family, LOL!



Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.  Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live."  Psalm 116:1-2

First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sweet Ice Cream, Hand Penned Petals, Lots of Heart
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black
 Ink Memento Black, So Saffron, Garden Green, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, In Color Jewels, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Heat Tool, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Penned Flowers Dies

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Wildly Happy, Here's a Card
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Shimmery White, Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, Blushing Bride DSP, Smoky Slate Gingham DSP (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, Gray Granite
Accessories Dimensionals, In Color Jewels
Tools     Big Shot, Pierced Blooms Dies, Aquapainter

15 comments:

Carol L said...

Fabulous cards - I just love your take on the sketch with the first one, and those elephants - just adorable! That's an impressive project for those cute little southpaws for mother's day! Great idea and they are clearly enjoying it too!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous blooms, and another look at the grey gingham! add to those treats these beautiful boys [don't tell them I said that, they probably wouldn't appreciate it!] A great way to get my Saturday going, LeAnne!
=]

Bonnie said...

Two pretty cards, my friend! Love that elephant with the gingham and gray and pink colors! Being left handed doesn't seem to hinder them at all!

Wendy said...

Both cards are fabulous, LeAnne! Love the floral one especially! I have not ordered this Hand Penned set as it did not appeal to me but to be honest, it's starting to grab my interest! LOL I love how simple your card is and all the white space! So pretty! The hello card is just as adorable in these colors and sure to make someone smile! Well done on both! The flower pot painting looks like fun and those 2 little boys are super adorable! TFS Have a wonderful weekend! :)

R's Rue said...

Fabulous. I love it so much.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Cindy Beach said...

You always amaze me - whether it is you talent, your energy or your wonderful happy attitude. I always feel blessed when I visit your blog! I love the first card with it's soft colors and fun splatters! But love the sweet simplicity of the second one best.

Lorraine said...

Such sweet cards and such sweet little boys having a crafty time of it.

KimB said...

Such lovely cards LeAnne, your Hand Penned Petals card is so elegant. The soft yellow blooms are perfect foil and frame for your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two beautiful cards LeAnne! I think I'm going to have to pick up that lovely floral set - combined with the dramatic black ring it looks fabulous! I love your sweet elephant pair too - this would make a lovely welcome card for a new baby too. Gorgeous! As for those handsome boys - that looks like a fun party!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful floral card, that shade of yellow is always so pretty! And the elephant image is so sweet, love the soft look you created with the grey checks and pink accents. Thanks for playing along at Krafty Chicks this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like those flowers, what a pretty card! And your sweet ellies surrounded by that fabulous gray gingham are darling. Almost as darling as those little boys :)

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous cards, LeAnne! I especially love the way you watercolored the elephants. I've been using this set a lot lately, as many of Jackie's friends are pregnant. So fun!!

Linda Callahan said...

You were busy witht wo of my favorite challenge...lol...sweet cards! And oh the nephew of yours is so cute!

Amy O said...

These are both fantastic cards! I love the flowers and those elephants are so sweet! Always a treat to see your cards in the FMS gallery, LeAnne!

Michelle Lupton said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion card challenge :)