Sunday, February 7, 2021

PP527 Stars and Hearts

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It's the fabulous Anne Marie's turn to play hostess at the Paper Players this week, and she's got a fun theme challenge for us:

I couldn't make up my mind, so I actually made one for each---stars AND hearts!  I knew lots of people would choose hearts, so let me share my Uber-CAS "star" Christmas card first!  


I recently bought a package of inexpensive glimmer paper at our discount grocery chain and this beautiful deep blue shade caught my eye.  The paper is really thin...a bit too thin for the starry wreath die that I chose...so I backed it with an adhesive sheet, cut it out and mounted it to a square Whisper White card on which I scored a border.  I found this tiny word die in my stash...it actually spells out "YOU" but I trimmed off part of the "U" to create a "J" and adhered it within the wreath.  I also added a larger star as an accent!



The paper may be inexpensive, but it really sparkles!  I added a sentiment from For Unto Us, stamped in Pacific Point, on the inside:


For my "hearts" card, I got my inspiration from the Fusion Card Challenge photo:

I went for the gingham hearts and wood accents, embossing a sentiment on a piece of Woodgrain paper:


I added some twine, a few more diecut hearts and a couple of little arrows diecut from the In Good Taste DSP series:


So....you can choose stars, hearts, or both!  I hope you'll pop over to the Paper Players blog to see what the DT created, then get your creative juices flowing and share your creation with us as well!  Thanks for popping in today!

During our recent snowstorm, I saw these two mourning doves on our patio, huddled along the edge of the house for warmth:


At first I couldn't figure out what kind of birds they were....they had their feathers so puffed up, they were barely recognizable!  But I finally figured it out, and eventually they warmed up enough to fly away.  But it was fun to see them up this close.  Since their feathers are rather non-descript, it's easy to ignore them in favor of "prettier" birds, but they are fun to watch under our feeders...they are quite territorial and one will chase another away if he (or she!) thinks he will have to share his food!


We're due for some more snow today, so we'll see how they weather this storm!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps For Unto Us
Card stock & Papers     Thick Whisper White, Blue Glimmer Paper (Artskills), Adhesive Sheets
 Ink Pacific Point
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Star and Star Wreath Dies (Avery Elle), Tulip Frame Die (Concord & 9th)

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps So Sentimental, Lots of Heart
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, In Good Taste DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Craft White
Accessories Playful Pets Twine, Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Heat Tool, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Love Notes Framelits (ret)

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stars, and hearts - who could ask for anything more? lol Both darling, LeAnne, but I'm pretty sure you know where my heart leads?
I think Mourning Doves are in the 'pretty' category! and among the sweetest of all with their sad song.
Get ready my friend... 6 degrees here this morning!!!!!
=]

Carol L said...

You are so creative to turn YOU into JOY with a little snip of the scissors! I just love the blue glittery stars card! I'm also loving those checkered hearts against the wooden background too! Red is clearly not required for hearts on this fun thank-you card! It's such a cool design! Those poor little birds must have been so cold but glad they flew away safely! Great photos of them! Stay warm!

Debbie Crowley said...

LeAnne, both of your cards are gorgeous! Love them both for different reasons. I love what you did with the sentiment on the stars card and the brilliant blue and white combination is beautiful! The wood grain background on your hearts card is perfect with the gingham hearts and so on trend now. You are amazing!

Ann Schach said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, LeAnne! However, the CAS star card is breathtakingly stunning! The mourning doves are so precious. Of all things, I had a robin trapped on my back porch this morning. He stayed still, while I gently gathered him in a towel and released him. I'm not used to seeing them this time of year. I hope he has a warm place to stay. Have a wonderful week!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty glitter wreath and a clever way to get the sentiment! Love the rustic look with the gingham hearts and wood look background! I think doves are so pretty and I love hearing them!

laurie said...

Your CAS card is so elegant and I love the sparkles. The woodgrain is so awesome too...winners both in my book!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your bright cheerful stars and the country feel of those darling hearts! Two terrific cards. I don't think I would have recognized the morning doves either! We here and see so many of them around here, from a distance.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet cards! Sparkles and checked hearts....can’t go wrong!

Amanda Mertz said...

You're so good to do 2 different cards! The blue glimmer paper is stunning and perfect for Christmas. Love the woodgrain on the heart card; super sweet and homey perfect for a thank you! Have a great week!

Claire Grantham said...

Well! Look who turned up in my comment rota ;) Lovely card LeAnne - those gingham hearts on the wood background are wonderful and the heat embossed sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These are both fabulous!! I love the simplicity of the bright blue sparkly glitter stars against the white and the rustic gingham hearts against the woodgrain also really effective. You've made some lovely cards with these hearts - I'm thinking they might have to be on my next order, since they go way beyond Valentines. Thanks for being such a good enabler!!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, love your photo of the Doves. They really are smart birds and know exactly where to go to get warm. We find them sitting on the edge of our heated bird bath and they drive the cats mad as they sit on the ledge at our front door. It's really protected there and the cats can hear them!

Your stars card is CAS perfection and you know all that white space just makes my CAS loving heart so happy!
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I always love when you step it up and share an "extra". I loved your star card when I saw it but then you have this little buffalo check gem here on your blog. Paired with the woodgrain and the twine. Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Just gorgeous, my friend! Thanks for the double dose of creative inspiration for my challenge this week. Big hugs!