Monday, March 12, 2018

SSC174 and 52CC10-18 Christmas Blessings


Happy Monday, everyone!  I have a quick little Christmas card today before I have my stamp club meeting!  It uses the Christmas Card Throwdown color challenge of kraft and red, and the sketch from Sunday Stamps:



Hearts Come Home is still available, as well as Christmas Pines, so I combined the two to create a little scene.  In hindsight, I wish I had heat embossed the houses in white, but I had already fussy-cut them all out and I was too lazy to do them again!!  So here we go:


I mounted them on a little layer of "snow" and added a moon cut with a 3/4" circle punch.  The background is a piece of Crumb Cake that had been run through the Softly Falling embossing folder that was covered with White Craft ink on the inside flat side of the folder.  I like how it's a reverse of the snowflakes on my little scene:


I added a sentiment embossed in white and a layer of Candy Cane Lane DSP (ret) for a coordinating background!  Another Christmas card for my stash!  Thanks for popping in...be sure to come back tomorrow for a nice little announcement!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Pines, Hearts Come Home
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Candy Cane Lane DSP(ret)
 Ink Craft White
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Softly Falling EF, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Corner Rounder Punch (ret)

9 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Kraft and red, two years f my favorites, are perfect on your cute card! I love the falling snow and that circle with the houses is adorable! Can't wait to read your announcement tomorrow! That smile sure is cute to end your post!

I Card Everyone said...

There are few color combos I love more than red and kraft for Christmas, LeAnne. Your card is fantastic... love the stripe, and that fabulous embossing folder!
I woke to a white yard once again... ugh!
Fun news is always good!
=]

Vickie said...

Funy how we enjoy making Christms cards months after all the pressure....I do the same...very cute...that is SU's best set...so versatile...

JoAnn said...

What a sweet card LeAnne. Love the cute little scene you created, and the red and kraft color combo looks great.

Heather said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this card - this is one of my fave sets ever, and you've made such a gorgeous snowy scene with our sketch - WOW! I love the little houses arranged on their circle - so homey... Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!!

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly layered and perfectly fabulous! I've always liked red and kraft together. I think your little houses have a warm softness to them against the blanket of frosty white snow! Looking forward to your news!

AlisonC said...

This card is very stylish. Great colours and I love all the layers and your little village. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Fabiola said...

Elle est magnifique cette carte LeAnne, très joli paysages d'hiver et les couleurs sont parfaitent avec ce thème, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Annette Elliott said...

Super cute Christmas card, LeAnne! Although you didn't emboss those houses- they still look great and especially in your circle cluster. Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps! this week! :)