Tuesday, October 24, 2017

SIP122 Washi for Halloween


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for another Stamp Ink Paper challenge...washi tape!  I WISH I had some washi tape similar to the challenge photo, it's beautiful!!!

Image may contain: 1 person

Unfortunately, I find that when I buy washi, I forget all about it, and then I don't use it, and then it
kind of loses its stickiness and I end up tossing it in the trash!🙁 But I did get the Pick a Pattern washi from the current catalog, so I used it to make a Halloween card:


I layered it on a mat of Pumpkin Pie, then ran it through an embossing folder to mimic the circles on the washi:


I added the cat from Spooky Cat, along with some extra stars I had cut out from this project, even giving Mr Cat a little star on his collar!


My final embellishments were some narrow grosgrain ribbon and a Daffodil Delight moon!

The DT has some delicious confections they created with washi tape, and I'm willing to bet you can come up with some too!  Be sure to check them out at the SIP blog, and share yours with us as well!  Thanks for visiting today!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Spooky Cat
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
Accessories Tangelo Twist Baker's Twine (ret), Pick a Pattern Washi Tape, Narrow Black Grosgrain Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Cat Punch, Star Dies (Verve), Polka Dotted EF(Sissix), Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Vickie said...

LeAnne, you have been making some adorable Halloween cards...so dang cute

barb mann said...

Love this pretty Halloween/Spooky Cat card LeAnne! Will have to case it :)!

Carol Hardie said...

LeAnne .... this is so adorable. One of the cutest (IMO) using the cat punch. All your elements are fabulous, love using Washi for sure. Thank you for sharing this great layout.

Linda Callahan said...

Why do I struggle with washi tape? You don't! This is adorable!