Friday, June 16, 2017

Seashells for CAS Watercolour


Happy Friday, again, peeps!  Wow, two posts in one day!  It's a busy weekend for sure!  I am back with my second "installment" of the CAS Watercolour series for June, which is "summer"!

Displaying June 2017.jpg

I went around and around, thinking of another beachy-themed card, because that's what summer means to me!  My family members have spent hundreds of hours at the Delaware shore over the last 60-some years, and one of my earliest memories as a child was collecting big clam shells, taking them back to the house my grandmother rented for a week, and painting them with a watercolor set she gave me!  I rarely see those big shells anymore when we go to the beach, so I decided to "paint" some myself!


I took some watercolor paper and splashed on some Bermuda Bay and Soft Sky inks and once it was dry, stamped this old, old seashell image from Lizzie Anne in Encore Gold ink and heat-embossed it with Gold Glory embossing powder: 


I mounted it on a circle of gold foil; the leftover piece of watercolor paper I diecut with some seashell dies from Impression Obsession:


I added a little Crumb Cake "sand" and some sequins for a little sparkle.  The banner was also watercolored and heat-embossed as well!  This set is one of my favorites and sadly, I don't even think the company is in business any longer.

So please come play with us and share you summer watercoloring with us!  You can find all the details at CAS Watercolour!  Be blessed and enjoy your day!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Shore Thoughts (Lizzie Anne, ret)
Card stock & Papers     Watercolor, Gold Foil, Rustic White (Papertrey)
 Ink Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Gold Encore (ret)
Accessories Sequins (Sylvia and Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Square Dies (Lil'Inker), Stitched Shapes Framelits, Seashell Dies (Impression Obsession 176-E), Aquapinter, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool




9 comments:

nancy littrell said...

I Love your beautiful gold accents with your Bermuda Bay and Soft Sky colors. How fun to think of sand smooshing for your pretty shells. TFS your Summer Family Memories too, LeAnne. It has been great having you as one of our Guest Designers this month. Have a wonderful Summer my friend. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Such beautiful colours and loving the pop of gold. Great memories and such a wonderful card x

Loll said...

This is so beautiful, LeAnne. Love the bermuda bay colour paired with gold. One of the best things about your gorgeous card, is the happy memories it brings back to you ... loved hearing about you watercolouring sea shells. Your love of art began at an early age! Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month. It's been wonderful having you on the team. xx

Susan said...

Love the colour combination! Gorgeous large seashell, and I like the cluster of small shells adding extra interest. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

Watercoloring seashells sounds like fun! I love the beautiful seashell you have created! The gold embossing and foil make this a very elegant beach card! Thanks so much for joining our team this month at CAS Watercolour! It's been fun being on a team with you again.

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous....simply gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the gold and aqua together, this is beautiful LeAnne!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty summmertime card LeAnne....love the blues with the hints of gold! So happy you were our GD this month at CWC!
xx Karen

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful color choice and coloring, LeAnne! I love that you roughly watercolored behind the gold sentiment. Hideko