Monday, September 12, 2016

JAI328 Peaceful Pines


Happy Monday, peeps!  And it IS a happy Monday---the weather has cleared of that nasty heat and humidity and it IS a beautiful day in SE PA!  I have a very quick CAS card for you today; it fulfills the Just Add Ink Letter "P" challenge!  For my card, I used some SU thick white cardstock, rounding one edge and stamping two "P" things:  a pine tree and the word "peace":


The pine image is one I've had for a long, long time from Flourishes, and I used a little masking technique...actually the very first technique I learned at my very first rubber stamp experience...I think it was with DOTS stamps!  Remember them?  Anyway, the demonstrator showed us how to stamp trees using a curved piece of paper as a mask, so it looked like they were behind a snowy hill.  I was so amazed, and that hooked me on stamping!  Anyway, I used Mossy Meadow ink for the trees and Cherry Cobbler for my sentiment (ret. Cornish Heritage Farms), added a little glitter, and it was done!  Thanks for popping in today!

I told my dad last week that sunflowers always seemed like the "saddest" flowers, because their heads are so heavy, they have to nod all the time!  Well, the ONE sunflower I had, which was almost 7' tall, finally got so heavy that it broke its stem:


To give you an idea of its size, here is Cassidy, walking around and trying to hold it upright!


Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Esther said...

What a gorgeous, stylish card! I love the crisp layout. I think you missed that it's "favourite flower" week at Less is More... but at least we've got that gigantic sunflower to admire! What a monster! Thanks for playing and hope to see you with us again soon :)

laurie said...

This is an awesome CAS card, the glitter is a fun touch too! What a gigantic sunflower...we have a ton of those up here in Fargo...I never tire of seeing them!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a pretty and peaceful card LeAnne!! Our neighbors had a tiny garden but planted two sunflowers for their little girls. They would take photos of them beside them as they grew!

Carol L said...

I still have this Flourish tree stamp, and yes I remember Dots, but I never learned the masking trick before, so thanks for the tip! It really makes a fantastic Christmas card! I'm surprised Miss C can even lift that sunflower - they're quite heavy if I remember correctly!

Linda Callahan said...

Polished, pretty and peaceful......keeping with the P theme!

Nikki Spencer said...

Those trees are stunning LeeAnn, such an elegant card. Goodness, that would have to be one of the biggest sunflowers l've seen. It must be something in the water there as Cassidy seems to have shot up as well..:0)
Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink. xx

Anonymous said...

The ink colours are perfect for this card. The white space around them mean they are a true focal point. Chantell JAI

stampwithsandy said...

This is so pretty LeAnne, love that gorgeous pine tree stamp. How awesome your first stamping memory is. I remember mine... My friend Sue said she would show me how to stamp and I showed her how to bead. Now we both have two expensive hobbies!

Christine Blain said...

This is a beautiful CAS card, LeAnne. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Don't you love a simple wow! Your masked trees are such a great example of simple elegance & a great technique, LeAnne. Glad you could play along at JAI with your P project.
Di :)

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, peaceful trees! That was some tall sunflower!