Monday, October 30, 2023

Vintage Halloween Cat

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you had a good weekend!  We had a gorgous warm day on Saturday, then cool and rainy on Sunday! From one end of the spectrum to the other!  I have one last Halloween card for you, since I hadn't used one of my favorite images this year, and the JUGS challenge of CAS using just the center of your card, as well as the CAS on Sunday challenge to use an animal, reinforced my idea! 



So here we go:


I had a piece of Crumb Cake that was a wee bit smaller than a standard-sized card, so I used that and stenciled a "moon" of Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze.  I stamped my little vintage cat on a broom in Versafine Black and added an old Crafty Secrets sentiment:


I also embossed the outer edges wtith the Stitched with Whimsy dies....not sure if I should have done it or let it alone...but it is what it is!  I added a Rubbernecker sentiment on the inside:


This was quick and easy and still just one layer! Woohoo!  Thanks for popping in today!  And how about a couple more vintage Halloween postcards?


This one is from my great-uncle Hutch to his brother Bob...apparently he had a cold!  It strikes me funny that first he asked how his cold was, then he hoped everyone was well, LOL!  It's dated October 30, 1913!


This is one of my favorites, with those big pumpkin and moon faces!  I think the little boy's hair is standing straight up on end!


This is to my great-uncle Bruce from his Uncle John.  He tells Bruce he hopes he has all his pumpkins in by this time!  I remember Uncle Bruce and Uncle Bob, but Uncle Hutch and Uncle John were gone by the time I was born!  It's fun to have these remembrances though!


Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Vintage Halloween (Crafty Secrets), Cat on a Broom (Victorian Greetings), Halloween Set 1 (Rubbernecker)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake
 Ink Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Versafine Black
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Blending Brushes, Circle Stencil

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Love this card, LeAnne! Your moon looks amazing in these colors and the finishing touch of using the Whimsy Dies is perfect! Super cute! Love that you have kept these postcards all these years! TFS and have a great start to your week! :)

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so glad you shared this last Halloween card, and more of those postcards, LeAnne - what a treasure they are!
=]

Nancy said...

A wonderful CAS Halloween card, LeAnne! The stitching seems to flow with the font of your greeting and I love the orange moon too! Loved seeing these old vintage postcards. How fun are they and what a treasure! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls.

ebethk said...

Love this card. So simple & amazing!! Love the halloween cat! And I think the whimsy
stitch border is ideal.

Tracy Grauer said...

This is such a great CAS card! Those postcards are the best! So endearing that the guys were writing the notes too.

Lisa Elton said...

I spotted your fabulous Halloween card in our JUGs gallery! Thanks for the extra treat of your vintage postcards!

Linda Callahan said...

I love all of your vintage stuff! Wonderful Halloween card - and the font is fabulous!

Bonnie said...

Your vintage cat is fantastic, flying in front of the moon! I always enjoy your vintage postcards! What a treasure!

Ina G said...

Simpleeeeee fabulous LeAnne. So glad you added the outer edge die finishing it off nicely. Lovely to see you in our JUGS Gallery. Thanks for sharing with us.

Lorraine said...

That is a cool Halloween image and makes a beautiful card. How fun that you have those postcards to look back on.