Wednesday, October 18, 2023

FMS608 FaBOOlous Candy Corn

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  These fall allergies are kicking my butt! I did manage to scrape some time together today to create a fun little card using the FMS sketch.  At first, I had no idea what to do with it, but then a light bulb went on! First, the sketch:

I went pretty literal with it...adding a couple little bits and bobs:


Do you like candy corn?  I feel the same way about candy corn as I do about marshmallows....one or two a year, and I'm good to go!  I don't have any candy corn dies, but I do have Stitched Triangle dies, so I went to work building my candy corn array here, "hanging" them on a twine and adding a retired Hostess sentiment and a little black cat!


They all went on a Crumb Cake panel and then on a Basic White base; here's the inside, with a spooky sentiment and a couple more black cats:


Another to add to my stash!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Six Sayings (ret), Spooky Street (Newton's Nook)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
 Ink Versafine Black, Daffodil Delight
Accessories Black Dimensionals, Black & White Twine (Doodlebug)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Triangle Dies, Cat Dies (Impression Obsession)

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Genius! It's so cute and creative.

Lisa Elton said...

Your candy corn pennants are super cute! This is a fun card, LeAnne!

Bonnie said...

FaBOOlous indeed! So cute!

Karen in Florida said...

VERY cute and creative card! I love it!!!

I don't like candy corn at all. With me, it's chocolate or nothing.

Cindy Groh said...

This is such a creative idea for the sketch. Love it.

Jacquie Southas said...

Such a fun take on the sketch, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Wendy said...

Great card with those fun candy corns! Nope, I can live without candy corn & marshmallows!! LOL Reese's PB Pumpkins are another story! Love the added cat die to your banner!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this is so fun! Who needs the dies when they are as clever as you are?! LOve the black cats!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute and clever card with your candy corn banner! My husband loves candy corn! I like it mixed with peanuts...sweet and salty, yum!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is just a fantastic card LeAnne! I love that candy corn banner! How creative! Of course it's perfect because there's the sweetest cat sitting on it! Halloween perfection! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

I am a total candy corn fan and a total fan of this faboolous card!