Sunday, October 29, 2023

Paper Players 664 Corny Thanks

Hello, and happy Sunday, everyone!  Claire is our amazing hostess this week at the Players, and she has an equally-amazing Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for us:


I chose the bottom row across of embossing, twine and a fall item, although that was not my first choice---I'll share that card later, LOL!  I did a second card, and that's what I am sharing today:


The FarmQuest Challenge blog is asking for CORN for their challenge this week, so I thought it would fun to use the corn dies from Fruitful Blessings as the fall item for my card today!  I cut both diecuts using Crushed Curry, but I sponged on some Cajun Craze ink on the bottom diecut to give it some depth.  A Naturals White husk and some Old Olive greenery


I added a twine bow, an embossed background featuring fall words, and I cut out a sentiment, also from Fruitful Blessings.  The inside uses some Fruitful Blessings images and a Thanksgiving sentiment from the retired Day of Thanks:


Claire's grid gives you lots of possibilities for some fall/thankful/Thanksgiving cards!  I hope you'll find some inspiration and play along with us!  Be sure to check out what the other designers created as well..you'll find they're not ALL fall-related!!!  Check them out at the Paper Players blog! 

The kids had a busy weekend...they went to a concert on Friday night:


I love the intent look on Wayne's and Cassidy's faces:


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Fruitful Blessings, Day of Thanks (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Thick Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Naturals White (ret)
 Ink Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake
Accessories Thick Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Fruitful Blessings Dies, Autumn Blessings Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)

12 comments:

Carol L said...

What a fun Thanksgiving card with the corn! I just love how you put this together! It's been a while since I've been to a concert but I remember how fun they always were. Great photos!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Wow! I wish I had those dies for the corn and husks as well as the embossing folder! This is A-MAIZE-ING!!!! Pun intended! :) Gorgeous! This is the kind of card that I describe as a display keepsake. It can be brought out every year to be displayed during the autumn season! Wonderful! Thanks for linking to FQCB's corn theme! --Becca

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect card for Thanksgiving! I love how you call your crew the "kids" because I do too - and they are all in their 40's.....well except for Will and Emma...lol

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just LOVE this card. I am thinking I need these corn dies. The embossed background and the twine add so much texture! Such a heartfelt sentiment, too! Have an amazing week, My Friend and Thanks for rocking my challenge this week!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty Thanksgiving card, LeAnne! I love how you've been using this corn die! Beautiful colors and I just love that embossed cardbase, too! Hope that the kids had a fun time at their concert. We went to a concert on Saturday night in Harrisburg. It was so much fun but a 1am bedtime was way later than normal! LOL TFS

Kim S said...

I love your ears of corn on that embossed background!

Lisa Elton said...

I love every fabulous detail on this card, it's so pretty! Looks like they had a great time at their concert!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, I love how you used the decorative corn, I have been watching for examples of how people are using these dies. Your card is beautiful. The embossed background is a perfect background.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! These corn dies are awesome. I resisted this bundle, but now, after seeing what you have created, I have to have it. The embossed background is the perfect backdrop for the corn. I love everything about this card.

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, your card is great! I love the corn dies and the white blind-embossed Thanksgiving background.
Xoxo, Fran

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, what a gorgeous photo - they all look so happy! As for your card. I love that corn die and your use of that embossing folder adds so much wonderful texture. I also love the elements you brought into the inside. The textured bow is the perfect finishing touch.
Hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the detail on those corn husks front and centre LeAnne but that embossing folder is a fall treasure - I love it!