Monday, October 2, 2023

Very Very Busy on the Farm

Happy Monday, everyone!  I have a very busy card for you today; I confess that I normally do not add so many layers on my cards (although I have been known to do that), but after seeing the pretty inspiration photo over at my friends' The Card Concept challenge, I decided to go whole hog...pun intended! Here's their inspiration:


Isn't that a fun wreath to hang on one's door?  Lots of country elements there.  I chose not to make a wreath, but I did use the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge sketch:


So hang onto your socks, here we go:


First, my concept is probably Shabby and Vintage. I remembered an older SU stamp called Provencal which had a rooster, so I stamped it in Stazon ink on Shimmery White cardstock, did a wee bit of watercoloring, then added lots and lots of Timeless Arrangement layers:


The barn and sentiment are from Papertrey's On the Farm; the background is an older My Favorite Things Distressed Background Blocks in a chicken wire pattern.  I finished it off with some gingham ribbon and a couple of enamel dots.  I originally had opted for a white background for the front but I ended up adding it to the inside, along with a couple more PTI stamps:

Thanks for visiting today!  The weather turned warmer, it's lovely, but it's also brought out the stink bugs, so the rest of the day I'll be swatting them away!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

For it is by God's grace that you have been saved through faith.  It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's gift, so that no one can boast about it.  Ephesians 2:8-9


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Provencal (ret), On the Farm (Papertrey), Distressed Background Blocks (My Favorite Things)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Shimmery White (ret)
 Ink Crumb Cake, Stazon Black, Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry, Versafine Black
Accessories Black & White Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, Enamel Dots (unknown)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Timeless Arrangements Dies, Aquapainter

18 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your layered loveliness, LeAnne! OH, that Rooster is cockle-doodle-doing my favorite tune! SO wonderful!
=]

Doris D. said...

This is an amazing card, so cheerful.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. You could add this to the Farm Quest General Store challenge (anything farm or country)
https://farmquestgeneralstorechallenge.blogspot.com/2023/09/fqgs-8-theme-afcg-for-7-september-2023.html
challenge 8 ends in 2 days.

Lisa Elton said...

You layered it beautifully, LeAnne! I like all of the colorful sprigs!

Linda Callahan said...

OMG this is fabulous! I love when you go crazy with layers and stamping!

Lorraine said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous. Those bold colors and that gingham ribbon really make a statement. Funny, I heard there were a lot of stink bugs around here the last two days also.

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I just LOVE this! Love all the colors in your diecuts, the chicken wire background and that sweet rooster! The black & white ribbon ties this up nicely, LeAnne! Super pretty!! Yes, with this warmth comes the dreaded stink bugs & lantern flies. I have been constantly swatting them off my back door screen! Yuk! Even found a bee in my stamp room yesterday. Enjoy the warmth while we have it...heard a change is coming this weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of all the colors. Your end result is awesome!

Mynn xx said...

Such a gorgeous card! I LOVE all the layering! You nailed these challenges! Sending crafty HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tania said...

What a gorgeous card. I love that you have integrated an older set; I don't understand letting those go if you still love them.

Esther Asbury said...

I LOVE all the layers and textures on your beautiful country card! It's perfect! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept this month!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning. Definitely a favorite of mine and I can't thank you enough for sharing with us at The Card Concept. Please join us again soon.

Dena J said...

Wow!!! This is just so pretty and colorful and fun. Love the layers and that gorgeous rooster stamp. Thank you for sharing this at Atlantic Hearts.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the details. Thanks for playing with us at AHSC.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your rooster card! Those colorful leaf sprigs are really cool. thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.
:) Marie
AHSC DT

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh wow! This is such a gorgeous card! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!
Hugs!
Mackie

Golden Goddess Designs said...

fantastic card. All the elements are perfect! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts challenge last week. Good luck!

Alicia

Brandi said...

Stunning! I absolutely love this! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca