Thursday, October 26, 2023

Fat-Free Birthday Card

Happy Thursday, peeps!  The weekend is almost here, and it's going to be a warm one, before the temps dip back down to more fall-like next week! We are going to John's 50th class reunion, so at least it won't be raining!

My card today uses the Freshly Made Sketches sketch, and I am also entering it at the Krafty Chicks "Any Occasion" challenge:
So here we go:


A friend in my TOPS weight-loss support group is having a special birthday, and she has the best sense of humor, so I thought this sentiment from Birthday Wit would be a fun one for her!  I used papers from Echo Park's Bee Happy line, and embossed the front with a retired polka dot embossing folder.  If I'd had my wits about me at 10 pm last night, I would have used the new Hive EF that I just bought, LOL!  Anyway, I didn't have any bee stamps small enough, so I fussy-cut a few from the papers themselves for my little "bee-line" running cross the bottom of the card:


I am hoping this will make that certain birthday a little sweeter!  Thanks for visiting today!

John had a free day yesterday so we went to Longwood to see the mums and all the other fall foliage they had planted! It was a gorgeous day to enjoy it!  I had read on Longwood's blog recently that their amazing Thousand Bloom Chrysanthemum was back on display after two years of regrouping due to disease.  Here's what you see as soon as you walk into the Conservatory:


These flowers are all from ONE PLANT!  You can read about how it is done on their blog HERE.  It's a painstaking process, obviously, and here's what each blossom looks like individually!  


And here's how it looks from the opposite end, showing the pool and surrounding greenery! I'll have more pictures (of course I will!) in the next few days!  I almost wore out my phone's battery taking them all, LOL!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart." Proverbs 27-19



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Birthday Wit (ret), Stitched Borders (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Bee Happy (Echo Park)
 Ink Versafine Black
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Checks & Dots Embossing Folder (ret), Small Heart Punch (ret)

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a cute and fun card, LeAnne! Your friend will love it! Thanks for sharing the pictures of that awesome Chrysanthemum! I've never seen anything like it and wish I could see it in person!

I Card Everyone said...

AND NUMBER-FREE!! It's the best birthday card of all, LeAnne!
We just loved touring Longwood Gardens and I've subscribed to their newsletter so I've read about this beautiful creation - so wish I could have been there with you!
=]

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Your friend is going to love all the FREEness! And WOW to the chrysanthemum display! I would love to see that in person! Thank you for playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions challenge.
Diane - DT

Claire Broadwater said...

I am cracking up at that sentiment! That about sounds up the way I eat. I need this card! LOL!

Judy Rozema said...

What an adorable card and fun sentiment! That PLANT is so cool!

Thank you for playing at FMS this week with my sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

This card makes me smile - fabulous - and those gardens - wow!

Amy O said...

A fun card that is sure to bring a smile to your friend's face! And I love the fussy-cut bees. Always a treat to see you in the FMS gallery, LeAnne!

Jen Timko said...

What a fun card and I know she will just love it! That big mum....oh wow! I am sure it is even more spectacular in person. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun birthday card! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, I would love to visit this place!